Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 Ton floor jack issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay87T
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: 3 Ton floor jack issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys, my chinees made 3 ton floor jack has been working good for many years, this year when I went to use it, it pumps my car up to about 3/4 of the max way up, and wont pump up any more its as if there is no more pressure, I opened up the oil screw when the jack was lowered and it has oil in it. what to look for next? Thanks.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: 3 Ton floor jack issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JAY,
If it's full of oil, I have no idea how to fix it. Try adding a little oil when it's in the air and see if it goes higher.

If you watch HF, you can get a nice 3 tons for $69, perhaps cheaper. I bought 2 from there. Only had them for 6 months, no problems.

It's sad to say that finding parts to fix some things if next to impossible. It's also sad to say we live in a throw away society. We don't fix computers, TV's, cell phones, printers, and the list goes on. It's cheaper to pitch them and buy new.

George

BJohn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: 3 Ton floor jack issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jay, Don't toss that jack, yet! I read this quick fix on a truck forum a while back. It helped me with a 3-ton Craftsman jack that gave me troubles from day one. After three years of cursing the slow action while pumping it works like new.
In a nutshell, there's a valve that sticks. Here's how you fix it: stand on the wheels so it doesn't roll - release the handle like you would lower the jack - reach down and lift the lift arm and platform - "drop" it down and repeat a few times. This can "unstick" the valve if that's the problem. Worked for me.
You may have air in the system as well. Raise the end with the bleed hole while filling just to make sure. Don't add oil while it's extended -you'll make it a squirt gun or it'll lock up! Good luck. John

Jay87T
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: 3 Ton floor jack issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok thanks BJohn, I will try that out!
Jay

Dalex
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: 3 Ton floor jack issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I rebuilt 3 of them at work a while back. They have cheap seals on the ram that disintegrate. If there is a little rust or roughness in the cyl. it quits pumping up at that spot and leaks past it . I took my seal samples to our seal supplier here in L.A. and they had them all in stock !! I honed the cyls , installed new seals and all 3 worked !! They were only $3-$4 each. You will need a big wrench to get the tank nut loose , the one the ram slides through . I think Baum Iron & Hyd is a supplier in the midwest Maybe someone can help with that .

Floor jack

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 Ton floor jack issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ad some more hyd. jack oil. That's probably all it needs.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.