Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oliver 770 industrial

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevewatr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Oliver 770 industrial Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a video of a 770 industrial I am acquiring. I will be uploading videos to youtube as I make progress getting this tractor home, and running well enough to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVWcrhJrwzE
Oliver 770 industrial tractor part 1

Wrenchbender
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 770 industrial Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a late model 770 '64 or newer. I've got one just about like it. Mine's a '64 diesel and has the "utility" style pressed steel wheels. Mine had a backhoe also. WB<><.

Stevewatr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 770 industrial Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. so is that weird triangle dash board factory from Oliver, or is it somthing fabricated later, maybe by Ware corp?

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 770 industrial Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Before you go too far change the fuel filters. There is bound to be condensate in the system. Condensate (water) and diesel fuel systems are not a good combination. The alternator was added and yes the alternator is negative ground because the goverment wanted it that way

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 770 industrial Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for posting. I love stuff like that- rescuing something from out in the woods. And its surprising how many times you can get it started in place, even though not run for many years.

Look forward to future installments.

Stevewatr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 770 industrial Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. Too bad it stopped running, and I do not know why yet. I'll keep working on it though. I now have 8 videos on youtube for the Oliver.

Stevewatr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 770 industrial Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks! I changed the 2 filters, and drained out the water, and old fuel last week. still no start. Tried bleeding the system this week, still no start. Found the air filter housing was over filled with a grey disgusting oil/water mixture, so I undid the intake hose to make sure air was getting in okay. Still no start!
Part 8

Stevewatr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 770 industrial Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is an update. I still do not have it started, but am makeing progress. First off, there is no mechanical lift pump on this tractor. It relies on gravity flow to feed the transfer pump in the injector pump assemblly. The manual primer is just there to remove air from the system after changeing the fuel filters, or running out of fuel. The inline aftermarket electric pump added on my tractor negates the need for the hand primer when bleeding the system, and probably aids fuel flow in the case of a worn/tired transfer pump. I am up to 11 videos uploaded, here is a link to see all the latest fun!
My oliver 770 uploads on youtube

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.