Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pics of the 35's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I got 3 out of 4 to crank but the 50 has so much tranny fluid in the starter it just kinda grawls. The standard had only one of the rear tires finished so I couldn't wait any longer to roll it out of the barn. Almost wrecked it when the front wheel scotch slipped away and when i heard something behind me i turned just in time to see the rear catch the scotch.The standard is a 60 and the other 2 are 56 and 57.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

great looking tractors!!!!!

i have a 1957, like yours its painted red now, but someday i may paint it back the original colors: beige and gray

wonder if your 1956 could have been one of the early rare one's that was painted cream and green.

I do not know what serial # were painted that color.

the owners manual that came with our 1957 model shows a tractor on the front cover that is painted cream and green, the manual is also dated 1956.
I never understood why they changed the colors so often back in the day.

Dan S (NY)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice fleet of 35s! What type of red paint did you use on the two TO35s?

Dan

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dan the 2 35's were painted with an HVLP sprayer with the ACE hardware version of Rustoleum and I don't recommend it as mine has dulled badly but the wheels that are not the spin out type were painted with a rattle can from TS and it holds up good. The 35 standard is also rattle can massey paint from tractor supply. Maxwell my 56 and 57 both had shades of green on the tractor and the sheet metal had beige.

S/C BOB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good looking tractors. Just took my 58-TO35 engine to the shop last Fri. to get crank done. Probably let him put it together. Looks like a complete rebuild. Looking to buy a complete rebuild kit. So far it looks like here is the best place or prices. What do you think?

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 57 got everything but a new cam from this site.I think the machine shop could get a better price from Sparex for you but YT are ok too.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After some emailing with Paul in AZ and doing a lot of looking I have found out the early 1956 TO 35s were probably painted Grey and Green same as the 1955s. The Beige and Grey did not come onto the scene until sometime in May of 1956, the same time that the F 40 was put into regular production. It was at this same time that the three-letter prefix began & the SN plate changed background color from dark green to black. Unlike the automotive companies the tractor companies stayed pretty true to the calendar. The first tractor built the first work day of the new year was classified as that year. Car companies started in September (as I remember from years ago) introducing the next years models. I have not found any information as to what SN would have been the first number for the Beige and Grey colors to have been painted. I'll keep looking.

Ed H.-OH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello, Thats a nice fleet of 35"s, Sweeeet! Mines a 55 green belly, I"ve had it for 30 years,Done a lot of work with it and have never had a serious problem with it. That little tractor will do a lot of work for it"s size. Cheers-ed

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have three of the manuals you have pictured. two dated 1955 and one 56. the photos all look the same. no color variation.
the 55 manuals have no part numbering under the word's racine, wisconsin.
i have a true color ad for the "ferguson 35" that is dated 1954 and clearly shows the hood is gray.
neat looking ad by the way.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Richard,
I got the information from one of these old Ferguson data sheets. That a few units were painted beige and green.

http://fergusontractors.org/fena/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Paintschemes.pdf

note: it says there some few 1956 units painted beige and green, who knows.
would be something to fine one of those.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maxwell as I remember I saw a Grey and Green 56 at the Ferguson Expo in 2010 at Monroe, Mi. and there is always the possibility I saw a Beige & Green 56 without giving it much thought at the time. The more I am digging into these great tractors the more I am enjoying it. I found out I cannot tell anyone that a certain paint scheme could not have happened as they will prove me wrong. LOL

sam40
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2 tractors, great line up, I should have the transfers for the standard at Booneville, do you have the hood emblem? or do you want one?
Just to be pernickity.....and seeing as some of you are interested in getting your colours correct... the standard tractor with the European type hood should have the wheels painted flint grey metallic , the same as the chassis. The red silver looks a lot brighter, but was not used in Europe until 1964 and was only used for 2 years on the 100 range.
Sam

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Sam,It's a shame the 35 fe doesn't have an emblem all it's own, the deisel is a 35x and the 35 fe appears to only warrant the mf35 emblem. No I've already ordered the emblem and I'm not making the show. Hope you enjoy your time here in the middle of the US.Go see the arc in ST. Louis and see how quick you want to come back down!!I think it rocks in the wind.

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of the 35's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice looking tractors there. I like them with bumpers. Nice work.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.