Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

200 allis needs a tombstone

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
randyc1983
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Traded for a nice lookin 200 this spring, finally got it to the shop and dropped the pan, pulled a rod cap and then a main, ugh, not much bearing left, the main was spun, guess its time to say some words over it and send it to the salvage, unless an engine is available cheap, or someone else wants to fix it, its probably DOA. Too bad to, it's a nice tractor otherwise.

180doug
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where you at, i maybe interested - if you can pull it your self and tear it down it helps on labor ;; but im real interested if you wantta sell

steve in wi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located and price if you,re looking to get rid of it.

180doug
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Please email me at dug180pwr@yahoo.com with some pictures. Thanks Doug

randyc1983
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in mo. I craigslisted it to see if it will sell. Search there. Thanks Y'all. I rather see it fixed than salvaged but $ is the root of all evil

180doug
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hhhmmmm which Craigslist? ? Didnt see it? ?

randyc1983
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check your trash bin. I sent an email to the address you posted.

180doug
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nuthin yet? ?

180doug
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HHHHMMMM , its not on CL , theres no EMAIL messages, is there really a tractor ? lol

randyc1983
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My email is randyc125@yahoo.com. send me an email and we can go from there

180doug
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was wrong ,i found it ; i checked every CL but Joplin and there it is , im thinkin on it

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: The root of all evil Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The LOVE of money is the root of evil, not money by itself. Common misquote.

randyc1983
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its headed out to the back forty right now. I have three options, sell it as is, fix the motor, or replace the motor. I'm gonna get it out of the shop for now.

Ron Sa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A spun bearing does not automatically mean the crank is junk or the block is junk.

A friend of mine has an IH with a 466 engine. The drain plug came out and he caught it quickly. Resulted in a main bearing being spun. He took it to the dealer and the dealer said several thousand dollars to fix the problem.

The friend ask for me to take a look at the situation. I saw no significant damage to the crank or the bearing cap and thought maybe the block might also be okay. I suggested he get an opinion from a local independent mechanic.

Bottom line, the independent mechanic agreed with me. He used emery cloth on the crank and rolled in a new main bearing. Five years later, the engine is still running fine.

Take a close look at the crank and bearing cap and don't assume like the dealer mechanic did. Let me know specifically what you see regarding the crank and the bearing cap.

randyc1983
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 200 allis needs a tombstone Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cranks scored some but It would run, the caps pretty rough. I'd try bearings but Im not in a hurry. Maybe winter will get here and I'll still be single. LOL. Its not a big deal I'd just like a cab tractor come winter.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.