Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebuilt JD Disk Pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mb58
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Rebuilt JD Disk Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a 1/16th scale John Deere RW disk I got back in the mid 1960's. It disked a million acres before it was retired. I came across it hanging on a nail in the tool shed the other day. It was in pretty bad shape. All the blades were gone. Both wheels missing. The frame was rusty, faded and dirty. I cleaned it up. Painted it. I ordered new blades and new wheels from Dakota Toys which they promptly sent. Here"s the finished product. (P.S. I still have the JD 3020 that I got along with the disk. It could use a touch up as well. Might do that next.)

4020deereboy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebuilt JD Disk Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks good that would look sweet if you had the tractor redone to go with it

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebuilt JD Disk Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wore out a few of those in my day. I'm thinking the first one was the strap type on the lift if memory serves me right. Had the drag type with the metal blades before that one.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebuilt JD Disk Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's just about as sweet the second time around with the old memories, glad you still have it.

Stan - Florida
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Rebuilt JD Disk Pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I still have my son's disk...just like yours except it has the C hitch instead of the crank. Not restored, but displayed.

Also have his 3020, repainted and under a restored long-nose picker, a 4 bottom pull-type plow and a 4 row corn planter. All still in good shape.

Stan

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Memorabilia All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.