Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to carry in a wallet? A bit long

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,
The reason for the question is that a couple of people posted that they had lost their wallet.
WELL!...............I'm #3.
It was not easy to replace what I had in the wallets.................everything!
I have since got all the cards and stuff replaced. Now the question is: What do you guys carry in yor wallet, and how easy would it be to replace everything. By the way, I found the wallet 2 weeks later right were I usually kept it while working. Right on top of my sockets in the top of my tool box! GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
Guido.

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quit carrying a wallet when I started riding tractors about 15 years ago. I carry a magnetic leather Cabela's money clip In it are DL, Cabela's Visa, CCP, 2 business cards,a photo of the 2 grandsons in laminate, 1 blank check, ICE card with daughter and sister cel number,and about $400.
Everything for the month goes on the Visa, and I mean everything. Send one payment via bank website at middle of month.I put about 35,000 a year on the card and that gets me about $500 credit at Cabela's.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

See earlier posts from our European correspondent. Get a purse. Oh, you savage!

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have to carry almost your life in there. Driver"s license, credit card(s), various ID cards for stores, etc. Maybe your bank or credit union ID"s. SS card, gun and carry permits. Man what a mess if you loose it. Some of those cards cost a bit of trouble to replace. Lost mine plowing out a neighbor"s driveway on an open station tractor a couple winters ago. Immediately checked road down and back, along with all the snowbanks -of course, didn"t find it. Cancelled all the credit cards, got them to reissue. Wife took me to the county clerk"s - got a coy of my birth certificate, and my concealed license, fortunately clerk was a cousin, and knew me. With those documents, I was able to reapply and get a duplicate driver"s license. And so it went - took me a couple weeks to recover most of the stuff. By that time we had a little thaw, and went back to neighbor"s driveway, found wallet sitting on top of partially melted snowbank. Little or no damage to contents. Am very careful with wallet since!

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Guido. At least you found it. :>)

big fred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, in defense of the manpurse, you can carry a samich and a six-pack in it.

Spook
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a friend that used to put all his construction biz on a Cabela's card, over 200K per year. Told me he got catalogs that most folks don't, and a bunch of play money. Too bad his biz went TU in 08.

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guido, I revamped mine about 4 months ago. Mine had gotten too big to be useful and get in and out of my front jean pocket.
Now!......An alumina-wallet case...protects from being scanned in your pocket!
1. Tx D.L.
2. Bank Debit card
3. 10 Business Cards
4. some cash
5. 6 to 8 other business cards and assorted info I need most every days.
I carry mine in my Left front pocket of my Wranglers.
PS... any other cards, and info I think I might need live in my old wallet, in the Console of my Pickup.
Later,
John A.

dave2
Tractor Guru

Location: Kutzberg, Germany 1972 IHC 423 (German). 2.5 Liter 3cyl direct injection diesel 42HP

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did the same thing, just found mine a couple hours after I got a new ID card and stopped everything.........

You need to get ya a MAN PURSE.............

Wallet, glasses, camera, bandaids, small tools, nail polish, and lipstick all fit nicely......... And, you don't have the back pain from settin on a wallet all the time.....

Whatever you put in the wallet, you should have copies of all important cards and a list of emergency numbers where you can find them quick at home....

Last edited by dave2 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
60 acre hillside
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recall there were items in our wallets while in high school. It seems that they always left a round impression onthe back of the wallet. This seemed to make the girls blush. The good old high school days of the 1950's

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never carry your SS card in your wallet, what with all of the identity theft going on these days. Memorize the number and keep the card locked away.

I carry insurance card, CC, debit, DL, plus a little cash. And the AARP card.

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Going to a gun show Saturday.My military shoulder bag will have 3 sandwiches. 2 bottles of soda or juice.Wont have to eat raw steamed hot dogs with strange meat in them.I keep toothpicks, anti acid tabs and aspirin plus have a place to keep reloading items I buy.Some times I have items to sell.My wifes purse weighs 6 pounds.Im amazed at the stuff she keeps in there.1 year the food concession ran out of food at 1pm.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With the state the politicians have got this country in, I carry my wallet empty.

howdy1960
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since I have a 'other half' there ain't much money to carry so just debitcard, insurance card, work ID, losing lottery tickets and useless receipts, DL, varirous food store discount cards and $100 emergency mad money (that she dont know I have ~grinz~)

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: What to carry in a wallet? A bit long Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello RayP(MI),
I did carry my life in there.Past practice now.
Guido.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.