Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WD45 oil pan gasket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fife Lake Fritz
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: WD45 oil pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does any one know what thickness the oil pan gaskets should be.

I prefer to make my own. I removed the pan and found the paper thin type on the sides. But the u shaped ones at the front and rear ends of the pan, appear to be a thicker cork.

Also while removing the bolts to the pan one broke off in the block with about a 1/4 inch of it exposed.

I plan on just applying penetrating oil for the next few days and tapping it lightly with a hammer before I try heating the area of the block
and removing it with vise grips.
I saw on the net once where the person used heat and parafin wax to remove seized bolts. Does any one know if this works?

David Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 oil pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm thinking that the alis pans with the CORK u are around a 1/4 of an inch thick new and appear slightly longer than needed--but crush to fit. Or is that the Allis pans that use the fiber ends. Or both. Personally, I'd spend the money on a oil pan gasket set, but hopefully some one can give you exacts, since that's the route you wish to go.

Ted in NE-OH

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 oil pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I broke a pan bolt off on a B because I turned it the wrong way. I used an Easy-Out and it worked. That was the first time ever that an Easy-Out worked for me. Worth a try.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 oil pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m a firm believer in using candlewax- BTDT dozens of times. Apply the wax as the heated part cools, letting it melt into the threads. Can also try a left-handed drill bit if you drill them out. Cork side gaskets are maybe 1/8 inch thick, end gaskets are about a quarter inch thick.

PokeyOkie
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 oil pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a B a number or years ago and one of the oil pan bolts was broke off with none of the bolt exposed at all. I took my torch and very carefully melted the bolt out of the hole. The bolt will melt before the cast iron block. Used a tap to clean up the hole threads. But watch out for the melted metal...! Worked for me...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.