Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Puddles!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud in WV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Hey Puddles! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just letting ya know I got my copy of TurboCAD 15 today...now I just gotta learn how to use it! Thanks for the recommendation!

I stuck some ideas on the Talers board last night that some of you guys might find a use for - onions that look like candy apples....just in time for Halloween.

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Puddles! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good deal Bud!
I don't remember a whole lot about Turbo Cad. Don't even know where the CD is.
I remember when trying to learn AutoCad the manual wasn't doing it for me, so I bought a copy of this book, big big help! Then I got stuck running a dredging job on night shift. The company had just hired a engineering grad right out of Washington State University. So soon has he got through doing my paper work, I made him give me AutoCad lesson the rest of the night! Laughing
One trick that helped me with AutoCad. There must be about a million tools to use, I may only use 40. I placed these tools on the side and bottom of the screen. All I had to do was remember what 40 tools do. Just like the tools in your tool box! Look at all the tools at Sears, do you need or use all of them? Don't get overwhelmed with the amount of tools that are offered, you don't need all of them to draw basic drawings! Wink

Bud in WV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Puddles! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips! I'll figure it out - I used to have time to do stuff like that but then I "got retarded" to WV....
Don't retire! It's too much work! My boat hasn't been in the water in 2 years!
Thanks again!

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Puddles! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought one also.Afraid it's way over my head.

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Puddles! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Bud in WV,

I don't feel so bad now! I thouhgt I was the only one that had that problem. I have to squeeze all my work in a short 24 hour day! HA!HA!

Guido.

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Puddles! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Bud, I don't know if this will help you or not. I took a screen shot of an AutoCad drawing I did for another site. If you can see it, these are the tools I use. For the life of me I can not remember how Turbo Cad has it's tools. Like I said this may or may not help you.

Bud in WV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Puddles! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks! It sure can't hurt! I just need to make time to sit and tinker with it, I hope!

Many years ago, right after the first set of hip replacements took me out of hands on & running a crew of millwrights my boss nailed me coming in the door on a Monday. He needed a 5 year $7m budget for our organization. That was the week I learned how to be proficient in Lotus.....SHORT, STEEP learning curve! But we survived! Thanks again!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.