Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

big cube diesels

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billy39

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i saw some videos and posts about some big cube diesels i got a little derailed with the smack talk lol. but im toying with the idea. i do not have much experience with mm diesels but i am going to be dragging home my new project a gvi diesel in the next week or two. i have some parts collected i was planning on building a big short jug gas engine but the diesel could be fun. what do you guys think?

MMUBMM

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will spend twice the money and get half the horsepower with a MM diesel.

mightymolinekid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep there's going to be BS talk, but don't let it get you down. You will not spend twice as much for half the power of a gas engine. You will spend more for roughly the same power, though. The biggest expense over a gas is the fuel system. Expect a high performance pump and injector job for a 6 cylinder to cost around $2,500. All the other parts are the roughly the same stuff you'd buy for a gas. You will have tons of torque, and something different, which in my opinion is worth the extra trouble. One important thing to keep in mind is what classes you want to run. There are situations where a big cube gas engine is the way to go. A lot of guys absolutely can't stand MM diesels, and their reasons are somewhat justified, you just have to steer clear of them and find a MM diesel guy to talk to. I may know of a couple around....by the way...feel free to email me

billy39

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i agree i like being diffrent too. just having a yellow tractor is diffrent around here to begin with. my email is open too.

mm585
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are many hard running gas molines around and they are the most bang for your buck,,,,But wouldent a MM diesel be fun to own??!! Go with what you want to build.dont let smack talk discourage you.

mightymolinekid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's one in Ohio that runs div 5 with COATPA. The class limit is 530 cubes (I think) but he has a P pump and a 2.75" turbo.

billy39

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats cool. the only issue i have is it would have to be n/a or get put up in 11,000 lb class

pplowboy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think minnie be fun.. u won before you ever hooked to the sled. Red or green jus another red one or green on in the crowd.crowds wamts see the odd ones. Or diffrrent ones. You gotta deside what class an clubs pull for..so to get pull.in areas you want to pull.all rule are not the same. None turbo be cool.. 6"crank. 4 13/16 pistons.. make tuff puller..but you could go bigger.. but then how much money. You want spend. Be nise a big minnie. But life of the block be comes a issue.. curiuos how big u think u need to be?? What kinda tractor you goin to pull against? In this n/a class

billy39

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

im going to be setting it up to pull 7500 and 9500 enhanced farm. it is 2800 rpm limit no pace class non turbo unless factory stock. mostly 4010s run in it . i was planning on doing a 650 ish gasser. just thinking that keeping it diesel could be fun too

billy39

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my uncle has a big u also plowboy the gvi is my project . ive worked on the u a lot just never a minnie diesel

Dieselbear
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here"s a big cube natural asp. diesel for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbXws2SyGyY

billy39

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats what im talkin about dieselbear. cool!

MMUBMM

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bottom line: Gas or LP will be cheaper to build than a diesel and will have more horsepower.

mm585
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Everybody and there dog pulls a gas or lp tractor and there is nothing wrong with that, But a big cube moline diesel......well......YOU CANT PUT A PRICE ON COOL!!!!!!!

Molineone
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: big cube diesels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not everyone wants the same tractor that everyone else has. It doesn't work for everyone to just blend into the same boring herd. As long as it works for you I guess...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters