Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1550 carburator issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Lundin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: 1550 carburator issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my 1965 oliver 1550 won't run smoothly without the choke on part way.i also had to close the low speed jet so it will run at all.where should i start?

redneckpuller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 carburator issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd start by taking apart and cleaning.

C.R.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1550 carburator issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

these arent too bad to rebuild the kit is about $60.00+/_ carb cleaner and compressed air ought to help.I recently picked up a carb cleaning kit that has a gallon can of solvent with a basket in it made by Berryman I think havent used it yet it will be cool if it works though

Mel in SW Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1550 carburator issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the gaskets aren't too old or stiff, dis-assembly, cleaning, and reassembly often will be all that is needed without any parts purchased.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 carburator issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had trouble with mine sucking air where the intake manifold bolts to the exaust manifold. Put a hose on a propane torch,turn on the gas without lighting it and move the hose around that area where they bolt together. If it revs up,that's where your problem is. If not,try where the intakes go in to the head.

Kevin Lundin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 carburator issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I thoroughly cleaned the carb and installed a kit.It runs great.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.