Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hesston 1130

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Hesston 1130 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could anybody provide me with information on a hesston 1130 cutter? Were they very reliable or are they something you run away from. I am needing to update my old IH 1190 cutter and would like to stay with a cycle cutter because I can get them much cheaper. Is the CIH 8330 the same as the 1130? Thanks in advance, Tim

CumminsMan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hesston 1130 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have had one since new in 1990. No trouble out of it, and it's only ever needed routine stuff(knives, guards, occasional belt). I believe the CIH 8330 is identical.

tf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hesston 1130 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, how does it compare to the New Hollands and JD's of that time?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hesston 1130 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got an 1120 that I bought new in 94. Unbelievably reliable machine. Heads and shoulders above anything else made at the time. That half sway bar sycle drive beats a wobble box hands down going away.

CumminsMan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hesston 1130 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Much better than the deere's of that era, simpler than a NH.

tf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hesston 1130 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. How is parts availability?

rankrank1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hesston 1130 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rrlund wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:30:59 09/14/12) I've got an 1120 that I bought new in 94. Unbelievably reliable machine. Heads and shoulders above anything else made at the time. That half sway bar sycle drive beats a wobble box hands down going away.

I do not have near the years of experience with an 1120 as rrlund, but i do agree with everything he posted. I bought a well abused 1120 two years ago and like it very well so far. What drew me to it was its simplicity in the sickle drive system and the way the rubber roller is molded. Not necessarily saying it was better than a new holland when both were brand new, but i have no doubt that the hesston will stay useable for me even when worn out where the new holland is usually not worth fixing when either their wobble box goes out or the conditioning roller delaminates which is a common new holland problem. I do not have these either of these 2 worries with my hesston and plan to run it into the ground on my low budget hobby hay operation.

Hesston parts are available at any Agco dealer and many knife guard parts are same as nh so tsc works too.

Last edited by rankrank1 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hesston 1130 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have found that cutter parts at TSC aren't worth buying. Wear much faster and don't provide the same cut. BTDT and the few extra bucks for the OEM parts are worth it.

rankrank1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hesston 1130 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Erik Ks farmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:21:48 09/15/12)
I have found that cutter parts at TSC aren't worth buying. Wear much faster and don't provide the same cut. BTDT and the few extra bucks for the OEM parts are worth it.

Yep I have noticed the inferior quality of the TSC stuff as well and if I am totally refurbing something then OEM or quality internet stuff is well worth the extra cost and a better value in the long run.

That said when running well worn junk like mine (with 1 foot on a bananna peel and almost ready for the scrapper graveyard) then keeping a lot of high priced spare parts on the shelf is not practical either. In a pinch I can get a few emergency items late in the evening or on a weekend at TSC when my dealer is always closed in order to keep running if an emergency were to arise.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.