Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manure ordor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony W

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a neighbor that has come to me stating the my cattle manure is smelling and not allowing her to have coffee on the deck in the mornings. I have put 150 pounds of lime on the pile, (that does not smell) and on the fresh droppings about every other day and still she is not happy. I will be putting it on the alfalfa when the 4th cutting is removed but until then-? The smell is coming from the just dropped stuff and not the old. She has handed a paper with Smelleze info and can not find any ingredient info and what it changes in the soil when put back on the ground. Have e-amiled the company. What I am asking is what do you that run cattle do for the odor issue on your farms? Thanks for the non-smell inputs.

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not a darn thing. She wanted to live in the country, and I will go out on a limb and say that you're operation was there before she was. There is nothing in manure that's going to kill her, I work in a warehouse, and I love to go out in the lot when I come home check the girls and get some fresh air. Next time, remind her that those steaks she buys in the grocery store come from cows.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Put up this sign where she can see it.

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tell her to move back to the city or learn to embrace the sight,sounds and odors that rural life offers.Don't cow down to her.

Vito

kj(seil)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ditto!!!! I grew up on a beef/crop farm moved to town, couldn't wait to get out of there, city smells are much worse.

Animal
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a girl that I would like to hook up with, I need a woman that can not stand the smell of money!!!!

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Who was there first?? If you did you have the cows when she got there?? Now if she was there first then maybe she has a leg to stand on unless there are other farms in the area but likely she can only complain about it either have to live with it or move.

jimva
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tell her "tough $hit" your a farmer and your farming and if she doesnt like it then move.

sd pete
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Out here we let it ferment.

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony W. To answer your Question.....Not a dam thing!!!
I too echo the rest of the Neighbors here!
Tell Her is is Normal Cattle Smells. She had better be glad You don't run Hogs!. Now,,, Move ALL Your Cattle into the Pasture Next to here house. Inform her as others have said, Get a sign Like the one at the bottom of the page here. This is still America and your farm is a working farm,,,if she doesn't like the Smells , She shouldn't have bought a place next to a Farm or ranch that has livestock. City people what nerve!!
Tell her to take a flying hike! You have DONE Nothing Wrong!!!! She is Butting into Affairs that are NONE of her Business!!!!
This Witch has to be shut down NOW.,,, She will continue to needle You every time the wind changes directions or every time harvest time comes and you are combining at 11:00 pm at Nite.
Or when the bull services a cow and their kids see it. Shut this CRAP Down NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Later,
John A.

flying belgian
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tell her you don't like the way her grass smells when she cuts it. What's she going to do about it? Money smells different to everyone.

flying belgian
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Or better yet,tell her you don't like the way her coffee smells.

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tell her she will get used to it after awhile. Could also maybe give her a tour of your operation. Might enlighten her a little.

Eldo case
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John in La has it right!!!!

ihman73
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Manure ordor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As much as I'd like to tell to blow off your neighbor be advised if you do you'd best be ready if she sends the EPA out to "investigate" a potential "source of nutrient runoff". I ran into a dairy guy we got acquainted with when we were still milking through our co-op and he got that visit last fall. Now he has to jump through all the hoops to keep them happy and avoid paying protection to them. I have never regretted leaving the dairy business when we did. They won't say boo about my half dozen stock cows on pasture because I'm not a Confined Animal Feeding Operation.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.