Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lanse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys!!

So, recently a buddy of mine started working at a small local farm supply store, and I guess he thought he thought I might like it there, so he was nice enough to invite me to grab my camera and check it out sometime... Since I didnt have anything going on last week, I made the trip out to New Carlisle, Ohio and this is some video that I shot there.

I'd never been in a place like that little old store before, defiantly not something you get to see everyday. It was miles outside of town, down a curvy backroad and in the middle of no where. The owners live in an old farmhouse next to the barn that houses the store, and behind the store itself is their shop, where they build custom planters and corn heads and the like.

While I was there, I found a couple of pairs of Vise-Grips still in their original packaging, which date from 1991 and 1997. I thought they were pretty interesting, so I bought them and brought them back home to make a video about. They're mint condition, and noticeably better made than the new ones they make in china today...

Just thought I'd share a couple videos of my adventures, hope everyones enjoying the weekend!! Smile
video1 video2

Gambles
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Peterson, a family owned business, sold out to Irwin and Irwin moved operations to China several years ago. DeWitt, Nebraska is a town of a couple hundred and Peterson used to employ about 500-600 people before they all lost their jobs. My brother used to work there part-time back in the 70s during the winter when he wasn't farming. If they were mine, I'd keep the American-made Vise-Grips and use them for my own just to have the satisfaction of owning a good tool instead of owning a Chinese rip-off.

OldFarmTractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hate pictures that need to be scrolled left and right.

WAYNE-N-TX
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

???

Gambles
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a 24" monitor and the pictures are fine with my viewing.

Lanse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, interesting... Wow, thats a big legacy for a few hundred people to leave. Thanks for sharing... Smile

Lanse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry oldfarmtractor... They looked fine on both computers and my phone...

I'll work on re-sizing them in the future...

Achin' Back

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lanse, do you know the address of that place? I live about 10 miles from New Carlisle and I've never heard of it, but would like to see it. BTW I follow your adventures regularly, and enjoy them, even though I don't comment.

scotc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

top video, around 7 3/4 minutes, that's drum brakes in the bottom right picture.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Never Used Antique Tools, and a Little Old Farm Store Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Vise grips from the 1990's are "antiques?"

Yeah, pretty cool to find NIB tools, but watch what you're calling an antique there kid Smile

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.