Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's that time again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodgeit
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: It's that time again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This past Saturday was a big one for me and the 711b. Left the house at 6:30 AM headed for the Western NC State Fair Pull ( broke my ring finger chaining her down). Got there early, to enjoy a beautiful day. start was delayed till 12PM from 10AM, so I went in search of some EMTs to get my finger splinted. The break was after the last joint and the begining of the finger nail. Kinda looked funny with the end of my finger sticking up at a 20deg. angle.

Pulled 7500, 8000 and 8500. The track was a corral that had top soil dumped on it and compacted down, too much wheel speed and you sank right in. Took 3rd in 7500, 4th in 8000 and 5th in 8500. Tried to experiment in with gearing in the last two classes. Pulled 7500 in 3rd, 8000 in 2nd and what the heck 4th for 8500. 4th worked the best over the loose soil just didn't have enough engine.

Put the Case back on the trailer and headed for the Club pull Saturday @ 5pm. 3rd in 7000, 2nd in 7500 by.6 inches, and 1st with a full pull in 8500.

Got to the house about 10pm a tired puppy. Finger hadn't hurt all day, till I got in the shower and hit rack SWMBO has hanging off the shower head with it. I howl'd and hollered for 5 mins. at least. Took a painkiller and after about an hour I was fast asleep.

So the talley for the year is 7 third place finishes, 4 second place finishes, and 7 firsts with two full pulls. The Ol' Girl seems to like doing the pulls, and jumps right in with both feet every time.

Till next time

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: It's that time again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You and the 711 are really representing us well! I hope you are having a great time pulling it. Don

1370 pwr in ne
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: It's that time again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats a very impressive season!hope your finger heals straight.good luck.

Dodgeit
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: It's that time again Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1370 pwr in ne wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:21:35 09/17/12) thats a very impressive season!hope your finger heals straight.good luck.

I'm having a great time. Met a couple of dummies, but for the most part everybody has been helpful, and a delight to be around.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.