Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

serial numbers- what do I have?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNslick
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: serial numbers- what do I have? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I,m trying to figure out when this tractor was made
and if it is WD or WD 45. The number at the
differential brake housing is - 2AM 3851
11,,,,,then I find a number by the air cleaner just
behind the hose going to the carberator- WD258651 GA
,,,anyone have an answer

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: serial numbers- what do I have? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The number you need is on the rear end housing on the left side just below the brake cover. It is stamped on in a flat spot there and will start with WD. Another quick way to know what you may have it look at the right side of the engine. If it has a bolt on plate on that side of the engine the engine is a WD engine. Also look at the shifter if it is straight them that also says WD if curved that says WD45

Lonnie Smith
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: serial numbers- what do I have? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From the engine # it could be a 1950 WD.

acdwd45man
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: serial numbers- what do I have? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OLD, curved gear shifter does not mean it is a WD45, a lot of the 1953 WD's has the curved shift lever. I have a early 1953 WD with curved shift lever.

Will Herring
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: serial numbers- what do I have? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

acdwd45man wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:53:07 09/18/12) OLD, curved gear shifter does not mean it is a WD45, a lot of the 1953 WD's has the curved shift lever. I have a early 1953 WD with curved shift lever.

I have 2 53 WDs with curved shifters. They must have actually made quite a few of 'em. In fact, did any 53 WDs have straight shifters? Or did they start doing curved shifters on even late 52s?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: serial numbers- what do I have? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I know that but that is one of the many ways to have a clue. Been doing this Y-T thing for 10 plus years and I use the curved shifter to get the guy in the ball park. One reason I am #1 poster here is I am on here a lot.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: serial numbers- what do I have? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

By the way not being mean in my other post just the straight/curved shifter is an easy walk by type way to maybe have a clue as to if it is a WD or WD45. Seen way to many WDs pawned off as a WD45 to people that had not clue because the hood had a WD45 decal on them and even had an argument at a get this tractor show and the guy claimed up down and side ways he had a WD45 but it had a straight shifter. The bolt on plate on the engine and the wrong serial number but it was til a WD45 and he would not agree he was wrong

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.