Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

53 Jubilee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BKL
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: 53 Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys please forgive me for being such a newbie but I have another question about my 53 Jubilee. I've had this thing for about 6 months and I'm unfamilar with it, but I tore it all down blasted and painted all the parts I could get off it. I replaced the LH spindle and all the bushings, plus wheel bearings and races. I replaced all the gauges and I've now got it mostly together but it is missing the dip stick tube for the hydraulic side. Does anybody know if it's the same size as the one for the engine block and where I might possible find one.
Thanks again Bart

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

solder a piece of copper tubing in there..

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

or brake line...

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tube itself or the dipstick?
Stick is available for sale on this sight or others.
If its the tube, brake line will work as SoundGuy said.
Fill it until oil runs out the bottom inspection cover bolt, then mark your stick at that point as being full.

BKL
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I never thought about brake line. I just made a new fuel line (from new brake line) for the juby and I had about a 3 inch piece that I cut off that is now laying on the barn floor. Some times it takes a new perspective to point out the obvious.
Bart

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: 53 Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

don't feel bad.

it took us alot of head scratchin, wallet pinching and btdt over the years to be able to pop them easy looking answers out like that. Wink

davida
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: 53 Jubilee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Watch that new fuel line if it is routed next to the battery like the original ones were.

My daddy had on without the cover on the battery and never gave it any thought until bouncing across the field one day and flames started coming out from the battery area. Fuel line arced on the battery cable end, caused a fuel leak and burnt the tractor. Hard to put out a fire being feed from a tank full of gas.

I battery cover or a larger rubber hose over the metal would have saved the tractor but that was then.

This probably happened because he cut the fuel line next to the carb and put in a inline filter. I am sure this pushed the fuel line a little closer to the battery, I know it was not as rigid after that.

Just something to look at.

Good luck.

David

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.