Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Square D pressure switch points

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carl reitnauer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Square D pressure switch points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't been able to locate a source for replacement points for a Square D pump pressure switch. Anyone KNOW of a source?

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Square D pressure switch points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

carl reitnauer wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:42:04 09/18/12) I haven't been able to locate a source for replacement points for a Square D pump pressure switch. Anyone KNOW of a source?
I think they come installed in a new pressure switch.....this is a throwaway society. Crying or Very sad

Ted in NE-OH

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Square D pressure switch points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

h

American Granby has them 1-800-776-2266

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Square D pressure switch points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The switch failed on Dad's pump a few years ago, and I just replaced the entire switch. They are not too expensive, (and they come with instructions) lol

PJH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Square D pressure switch points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Carl - when you buy the new switch - get the one with the low pressure shut-off. Just a couple of bucks more. Shuts off the pump when the pressure drops below 10 lbs. Neighbor burned up three pumps before he let me put one on his water system.

Here's an example. I'm not connected to these people in any way.

Paul
Low pressure cut off switch

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Square D pressure switch points Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jessie,
There seems to be a lot of pressure switch issues lately.

A. Either they have too large of a pump.

B. Too small of a bladder tank.

C. A flooded bladder tank.

D. A very old switch.

E. Switch is located in a humid place.

F. Some of the above.

G. All of the above.

What do you think? Agree, this is a throw away society.

I can't remember the last time I've had to replace my switch. That said, it will probably go out tomorrow. I have a spare pump and switch next to my old pump.

George

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.