Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

asking price for 2n

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MnNC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok, friends of the N
thinking it may be time to sell
what ya think a good askin" price for:
2N...12 volt...starts/runs good
good tires...new wiring...new starter
new plugs...new coil...hydraulics work
i"m in eastern NC if that matters.
sorta hate to part with the ol" N but it
just sits and used very little.
thanks for all replies.

ps. got a 4ft bush will sell with tractor

jackinok
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

theres a big difference in price in different areas, but here one in the condition you describe,$1500 to maybe $2000 for a pretty one wouldnt be unreasonable without the brushhog.that wouldnt bring a whole lot here maybe $200. folks here have some aversion to the 2n for some reason,they will go for a 9n or a 8n but mention 2n and youve lost a lot of them. dont know why that is,maybe something to do with the war models?

MnNC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks Jack.
appreciate yur reply.

W_B
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might get $1,000 to $1,500 in my area Central/Southeastern Ohio), maybe more if it's pretty (for the gentleman farmer crowd). The runners I've seen at auction lately (though not pretty) have gone for $600 - $800 without a mower. I agree that calling it what it is (2N) will confuse the uninformed. I know when I was looking 20 some years ago I only knew 9N or 8N (and thought the 9N was better/newer because it was the higher model number!).

CharnerL

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just sold one yesterday sound about like yours. No bush hog. I was asking $1500 got $1400. Bush hog here would be around $250 in fair condition. South Mississippi.

Pete76NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

$1650 ish...if you have the original generator to go with it...$150 less if a guy has to go get one to replace the nast alternator hangin off the side of it.

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got $1500 for mine. Engine out ,but ready for a kit and a whole whack of new parts (incl new rear tires). Tin in excellent shape. HTH

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pete76NY wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:19:50 09/19/12) $1650 ish...if you have the original generator to go with it...$150 less if a guy has to go get one to replace the nast alternator hangin off the side of it.
LOL I got an 8N last with an alternator hangin off the side and I wouldn't look for a genny with you money....that Alt makes it worth a little more to me.

As far as the original question, check your locak CL and see what others are asking.

Rick

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"that Alt makes it worth a little more to me."

Yup.
I was gonna reply to that earlier but you said it best.

MnNC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ultradog MN wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:59:28 09/20/12) "that Alt makes it worth a little more to me."

Yup.
I was gonna reply to that earlier but you said it best.

ok...thanks guys.
now, how does one tell alt from generator. i hear ya laughing Smile
i have two wires running in/out on mine. right side below coil.

Dell (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MnNC........how do you tell the difference between an ALUMINUM colored alternator and a 6V-genny? Most 6V-gennys look BLACK and LONG like the starter motor on the other side of the engine. Simple, eh? ........respectfully, the amazed Dell

MnNC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dell (WA) wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:00:19 09/21/12) MnNC........how do you tell the difference between an ALUMINUM colored alternator and a 6V-genny? Most 6V-gennys look BLACK and LONG like the starter motor on the other side of the engine. Simple, eh? ........respectfully, the amazed Dell

thanks Mr Dell
mine has an alternator Smile

btw...when these old Ns were built, which came first ? alt or genny ?

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: asking price for 2n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any Ford tractor built prior to 1976 had a generator from the factory so if you see an alternator on one it has been converted.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.