Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

this is my 8N

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sHan tn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

its not pretty but it does the job (most of the time lol) i have to look up the number to see for sure but they said it was a 1948 with a number of *8N188042

Photobucket

Athrawn17
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the same mower on mine. Do you notice any bog on the tractor when you get into some longer grass?

sHan tn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if the grass gets any taller then 6-8" it starts to
bog down some so i just up the throttle and take it
down to second gear and it does fine, its a 6'
mower so its a tad big for it but for mowing "yard
grass" like i do it works great.

jackinok
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks far better than any of mine!

mgriff543
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice tractor, You mow in third gear? Wow you're a braver man then I Very Happy

Mike

sHan tn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes all the time it does just great. sometimes i
run it in second if the grass is too tall or the
blades are dull, other than that its 3rd and less
than half throttle

Jimbo's 8n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I mow in 3rd gear as well. I bought the same mower (6" kingkutter) brand new this past june and so far have had 2 tires seperate from the wheel on it. Was just wondering if you had any problems. (Also the replacement wheels sold at TSC will not fit it. Had to order them from kingkutter direct.

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the heavy duty version. It has a double vee belt with the bonded backside. Original belt was crap. Vee pieces came out in chunks but it WAS NOT WARRANTY per TSC as belts are not warranted!

Replaced belt with known supplier and it is starting to chunk out after several years.

No problem with wheels/tires except zerk fittings.

Have failed one blade spindle shaft and bearings.

I mow in first, second and third depending on grass height, but with throttle over the upper screw.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks fine to me.

looks like a later screw on trans knob.. but is a front mount dizzy.

sHan tn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no trouble out of it other than there is a weld broke on the right arm for the wheel, il weld it back and all is well, its 3 years old and the tires are holding up well 1 goes flat every now and then

Jimbo's 8n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wish my mower had the inflatable tires. Mine are solid rubber and once they come off the rim, you"ll never get them back on.

sHan tn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if they are hollow rubber wheels take the tire off and drill a hole in the rim for a tube and put it back together Smile

1951 8N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

soundguy wrote:
looks fine to me.

looks like a later screw on trans knob.. but is a front mount dizzy.

You could have a screw on shift knob with a front mount distributor if it was a 1950, but it would also have the newer streering box which his doesn't have.

Britcheflee
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mgriff543 wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:09:50 09/19/12) Nice tractor, You mow in third gear? Wow you're a braver man then I Very Happy

Mike

I agree on my rough bumpy and hilly property I would think 3rd would be rather scary - 2nd for me cruising along.

lee

Jimbo's 8n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: this is my 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, but unfortunately they"re solid rubber tires.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.