Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

got to work right before 7am, got a call from a jobsite that a 16' tandem axle flatbed trailer we were using as a fuel / grease traielr was gone.

500g diesel tank.. just filled tuesday... duel tank air comp with a honda engine.. 35# grease keg with air operated grease pump and hose reel.. ( amalie ) and an air hose real, plus a aluminum tool box of maintenance items like filters and service tools.

someone must have had to work hard to steal it.. we left it on an 'island' where we park equipment with berms around it and areas that would be difficult to pull thru to get at it...

I hate theives....

spent the morning driving the local area, a few main roads.. some known.. un.. low rent areas.. called a few pawn shops, hit a few small jobsites in the area.. etc.

spoke with the law earlier.. gave a description.. answered some questions.. etc..

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"500g diesel tank.. just filled tuesday..." UMMM, probly Not stolen for the trailer....too hard to sell that off!!!!(especially being reg. to a company)
More likely to be the "want" of the 500 gals, of fuel in that tank, and anything that was free off-load on the trailer.
Could very well be an "INSIDE" Job.....(someone that KNEW the tank was full)!!
THAT, would be my FIRST guess!!!!
Hard to trace fuel!!!! Shocked Lots of $$$'s for fuel involved!!! Question

Gonna get worse, before it gets Better!!!!!

Gary..... Rolling Eyes

andyd4ntx
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I second the thought " I hate theives.... "
Guy down the road lost a 18ft utility trailer from his front yard last week.
When I lived near McKinney Texas I had the sheds and the house broken into, lost a lot of tools, and a nice 12 Gage shotgun. The local cops never seemed to be much interested, the first question was always "You got insurance?" they took a report and I never heard anything back. I hate theives!
Andrew

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my thoughs on the fuel too. kinda.. or similar ..

at lunch on tuesday I went over to pick up a ditch witch and haul it back tot eh rental yard.. I looked acorss the job and saw the fuel supplier fueling the 500g tank right then. Rained alot the last 2 days, so tank was probably still full.

at 5pm yesterday that trailer and equipment was parked on the job when the super left.

it had to be taken from 5:01 pm wed to 6:59 am this thursday morning.. I'd say it had to be a 4wd pickup.. and while a half ton mighta toted it.. a 3/4 or better would have pulled better.. with that 2000$ of fuel on board. hitch was setup for a large ball.. a 2 5/16 not the common 2 or 1 7/8 so the average homeowner probably didn't have a ball to fit.. but there are som many out of work contractors and what not around here still driving a diesel 3/4 ton that there are plenty that COULD HAVE hauled it off..

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone have a private airplane that could do a flyover of area. Can spot lots of things from the air.

Put an ad in local papers with reward. Turns mouths loose.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bingo.

I'd be looking at staff and relatives of staff.

Dean

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good point. someone might have a neighbor that sees the trailer and turns em in?

Bobby Lucas
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Soundguy,
I hate to hear of the thieves also. I know your pain i had a new wood splitter stolen a few years back a nice 27 ton splitter from sears and paid for too.

The sherrif came out but did not seem to be interested either. He said that the theives are hard to find like that i gave 1500 for the splitter and turned it into my home owners insurance and they gave me 600 for it so i got some relief for it but not much.

I seen your post and just had to reply.
Sorry to hear of it
Hope you find it.
Bob Lucas 9n 8302

jackinok
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lots of folks losing trailers here also lately.some were chained up etc. I have two at the house,got them hooked to trucks with a lock through hitch. wouldnt stop a determined thief but it may slow them down.My nephew lost two last year off jobsites,one he had a living quarters built in the front.thieves simply watched until he went to supper and stole it then.

William Fissell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Argh. That sucks. My neighbors installed IR cameras all around their place due to thefts of stuff from the yard and garage. I agree, in my experience local police (and others) totally uninterested in anything other than finishing the call. Yeah, we'll take the report, we'll call you. And they never do.

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it don't involve free donuts, the cops ain't interested.

Plane Bart
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss Sound Guy
a good friend of mine had his 18 car hauler stolen last year filed a police report.
3 months later he gets a notice from DMV someone is trying to aquire a new title for the trailer.
turns out a salvage yard and tow company towed the trailer off the side of the road where it was abandon with a scrap truck on it that had slipped off the side of the trailer.
they kept the trailer for 3 months before they filed for a abandon vechile title.
when he went to court for it the salvage yard wanted $6000. for storage fees.
the only reason he got it back was because the VA state Police did not notify him of where the trailer was with in 72 hours he still had to pay $150 for the tow and of course the truck that was on it was gone.
I hate thiefs too just noticed this weekend some one stole Grandaddy JD two bottom plow with cultivators from over at the shop.

wisbaker
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Betcha after I replaced all that I'd have gps/lojack on the next one and not tell anyone about it. Folks trying to sell me that technology for the fleet cars I ran even told me I could set it up to "lock" the unit and if it started moving when it was locked I'd get a text on my cell phone real time. I Don't have much faith in Law Enforcement, our sheriff's department couldn't find out who drove across their lawn in front of a video camera, of course the county board wouldn't take any initiative to make the sheriff look at the tape either. Isn't it wonderful to be union, you get to commit crimes while on the clock and the elected officials that want you to endorse them won't do anything about it.

jjsjrs

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Watch craigslist also

Jim in Ma.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ot stolen service trailer GRRRRR Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go back to the police - Offer Reward = Free dounuts for the next 30 days.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.