Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 Case/Farmall 95 (Need Opinions Please)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobl1958
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: 2011 Case/Farmall 95 (Need Opinions Please) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One last question before I take the plunge and trade my 5230 for this Farmall 95. I believe the PTO HP is 85. My question is I have a 14 foot Case/IH 8370 swather that I will be pulling. Does anyone have enough experience to know if it will be strong enough to handle this swather? Will the drawbar and all of that area be strong enough? Just a little hesitant, but gat a chance on a pretty good deal if I feel it will work. Any thoughts at all? Thanks in advance - Bob

Vernon in Ks
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 Case/Farmall 95 (Need Opinions Please) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It'll do it but your going to hate the difference. The 5230 is twice the tractor.

flying belgian
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 Case/Farmall 95 (Need Opinions Please) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the Farmall 65 and like it real well except all the Farmall models and all The Case utilities constantly keep steering to the right. You have to keep turning steering wheel to left to keep it straight. You will not notice it on the road but I follow a planter mark and cultivate with mine and steering wheel makes six complete rounds on a half mile. They let me use a loner while they changed the steering pump on mine and the loner was the same and mine was the same with the new pump so they finally had a factory rep delve into it and the results is it is within factory specs to do it to that extreme. If you are not doing any row cropping you won't even notice it but if you plan on row cropping it is really annoying.

Bobl1958
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 Case/Farmall 95 (Need Opinions Please) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I know it is, but I only put up about 200 small squares and 30 or 40 large rounds of brome, so it's not really a hay tractor. Plus I do have larger tractors, albiet none with loaders. I just can't decide for sure, but it is a heck of a deal with just 200 hours

mm585
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 Case/Farmall 95 (Need Opinions Please) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a farmall 95 and I think your going to be disapointed in it. Its handy, hyd. works well, but on the loader its way to light of tractor to move round bales with. I have wheel weights and have the tires full of fluid to keep the back end down but its just to light of tractor for loader work. I wish I had my 856 back!!

cd1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: 2011 Case/Farmall 95 (Need Opinions Please) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just can imagine trading a maxxum on one of those, I think you have a more reliable tractor with what you have.

RichG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 2011 Case/Farmall 95 (Need Opinions Please) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob, I have one and use it for a 6row 7000 planter and my 45" field sprayer. Like one of the previous said it is light for moving bales. But if you put a spear on the back you wont have a problem. I like mine because it doesn"t have all the computer crap.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.