Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vice Value?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin S SC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found this @ my sisters thrift store. Gave her $20 she gave me $10 back. Columbian vice 4" jaw D44 M3 on side.

Morgan Chicago

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I ran the thrift store you'd have dug out a $100 and I'd have kept dam near all of it ...Excellent quality , look how thick the anvil area is !!

Russ from MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should probably take her out to dinner!

Justin SE IOWA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WOW! you did very well

thurlow
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd say you're in the ball park; they often sell on e-bay for 20 bucks or less.....

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey, that is a collector's item! Says Made in USA! That was a good brand.

d beatty

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats a nice vise and you couldn't beat the price. I have a 30 year old ridgid vise that looks just like it..

Kevin S SC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The NEW prices I see online range from $250-$850. If this is a $850 model I want to do something for her. I told her probly $250 when I got it from her, but she still wouldn't take the whole $20. Is there anyway to tell the differance.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I checked the vise I have and it's made by Parker. I bought it at a government spot bid auction. Hal

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This Parker vise is similar to mine. Sure has been handy. Hal

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can't do any better than that, I have a similar columbian, red too, paid $30 for it, made a special trip after work, I like this brand in a vice. I have another one that dwarfs this one, huge, was on the work bench of our ford tractor dealership, still has the blue paint. I like the face that the jaw pieces are replaceable, and that big one sure is heavy.

gab
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A guy I used to work with gave me on of those about 25 years ago, except mine has a 3/8 square drive hole next to that anvil. Anybody got any idea what that's for.

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just remember the anvil is for light work and bending metal breaks a lot of vises.

ohfred41
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got one back in the 70's just about like it, same name but mine says ALL STEEL on the side of it. When I have a broken piece to weld back together and it has more pieces than I got hands, I can tack weld to the vise and then just grind off the tack after welding the rest of it together. I had a friend that had a real nice Parker. I told him I wanted to buy it. He traded it to a fellow who lived about 75 miles away. I went there and bought it too. If you want an all steel vise, get one of those old blacksmith vises that go down to the floor. ohfred41

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Vice Value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 2 leg vises.You can buy all steel vises but most of the fellows on here seem to be titewads, they wont pay for good tools.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.