Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
randyc1983
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: 180 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd like to get my 180 Massey going again, what can I find an engine out of that will work, it had a diesel that spun a rod. Could turn the crank but I'd rather buy a pullout engine and stick back in it. Will the newer engines in the 255-265 work? Lookin a lot alike and I know where ones at in a crispy critter

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 180 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engines will fit but are not as powerful as the 318 engine in your machine, but they do not have the same head gasket issues. A good 248 engine would leave you with a real good useable tractor or if you want the same engine size then look for a Massey 400 or 410 combine. this was fitted with an older version of what you have, a Perkins 4. 300. Just check that the front mounts will line up, you may have to fit your own tractor's sump.
Sam

Phil Tibbetts
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: 180 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe the 180 had a 236 engine.

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: 180 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, Phil is correct the 180 did have the 236 engine, I was thinking of the 1080...my mistake..not enough coffee!!!!!
So any 236 or 248 engine will fit.
Apologies again.....Sam

randyc1983
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 180 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the 248 just a newer version of the 236. Just wasn't sure the parts will interchange they do look like the same block

Phil Tibbetts
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: 180 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will coffee help? I thought my CRS was incurable!!

Charlie T. in VA
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 180 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would love to see a Re-powered 180 with a Cat dsl in it!!!! That would look and pull like HELL!!!! Good Luck with the search. I wish you could find the same thing that came out of it. Make it a lot easier to redo!!!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.