Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Truck rims?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RalphWD45
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Truck rims? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a WD45 WFE, with a DuAl 320 loader on it, and will be hauling 1200 lb round bales to the cows all winter. I cut in quite deeply last winter with the original 3 rib 16" tires, and was wearing a 3pt 7' disk on the back, for traction. I would like to put 10 ply 16" truck tires on it for flotation , this winter. I doubt that truck tires will work on the narrow 16" rims that it is currently wearing. Can any one tell me what truck rims will fit the WD45 wheel pattern?, and not rub on the top- of the spindles.

NEKS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Truck rims? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1200 lb bale on front of a 45 with loader weight seems like a lot of weight for that small of tractor. Remove disk and carry bale on back and use loader as front end weight.

thebigyellowtruck
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Truck rims? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe that chevy 5 bolt rims will fit. Ive never tried it myself, but I've read about the chevy wheels working in here before.

RalphWD45
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Truck rims? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have my hay stacted 2 high on end in the barn. I need the loader to remove the top row. I carry the bales about a foot off the ground, and stay off of the side hills. the loader has plenty of pickup power, from a pto pump, and the 45 handles it ok. You just have to use good judjment, go slow, and don't get wild about it.

r aiken
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Truck rims? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

An early 50's Buick wheel is a perfect fit. They are 15" and take a 800X15 tire. I have them on my D17.

RalphWD45
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Truck rims? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks R Akin, and big yellow truck, for getting back to me,It will cut down on the looking , and trying.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Truck rims? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

R A beat me too it- I had the same on my first D17. Make a cardboard cutout of the pattern and head for the junk yard.

hd6gtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Truck rims? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ralph we found the only wheel that would fit is a 1950's Buick 15" rim. 700X15 or 6 ply 235/75R15's work on them.

MisterT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Truck rims? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just a thought, but if you could swap the 5 bolt hubs for a pair of 6 bolt hubs, your options for wheels would be wide open.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.