Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: 1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don, Liked your earier post and did some digging...... Pic is from 1991. My dad bought this 78 1070(Powershift 3 3/16 axles, factory delete no air.. anyways) $17,000 demoed tractor. When we moved to the farm in 79. This was our big tractor from 1979-1994 on a 260 acre dairy farm in WI. This tractor did everything that was asked of it. The 1070 was used absolutely every day. I spent many hours in this tractor. The hour meter pushed 9000 hours and the 1070 was tired. (No major repairs ever done) It was traded toward a 2096 which turned out to be a real piece of crap. A local farmer bought the OH'ed 1070 from the dealer in 95. This summer I put a TL disc in the 10 for him. Tach showing 18600 hrs. To bad they don't make tractors like this anymore.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Holy cow, that is a mess of hours. I have seen a 970 untouched at 12. They are some very good ole tractors! Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Eric, A quick question, on high hr. 9,10,11,12;s the tractors with the lighter 6 cyl. crankshafts do you see many failures of the center main brg. I see them where they get pounded lose and will turn a bit in the bore shutting off oil. Things get real ugly fast when that happens. Just curious, Rod.

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,

I have always been grateful that as I watched my neighbors continually spend hard earned money trying to keep their tractors running my Case tractors cost very little money. They have done very well by me. The 1070 has over 12,500 hrs and has had a clutch release bearing, PTO clutch pack and PTO drive gear replaced. It is tired but still way over 110 HP. (Stock pump, wires unbroken) It carried my wife and I on our wedding day, it carried me to first place in tractor pulls,and it continues to contribute to our farming operation to this day,35 years later. Thanks for listening and understanding. Don

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, this should have been directed to Agriking.

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had nothing but great service with our 2096.

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod, I haven't seen that happen. Unless they were run way low on oil or run with coolant in the crankcase.

Bob/wis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Agri King
If you don"t mind me asking but what part of the state did you farm? That place looks fimilar for some reason.
Bob

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 1070 Tribute, Follow up to Don R. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob, west central WI. Menomonie

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.