Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TE 20 hood fit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DON TX
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This TE 20 I'm working on for a friend, had the original hood that had a cut out for the gas fill and radiator fill. It was sitting on the rad not bolted/clamped front or back. The rad must not be original since it sticks up at least 2" above the hood or was modified for some reason. The oem rad seems to measure same as the ones sold here as oem. I'd like to see a pic of an oem if anyone has one. I bought a hood for a 30 that is supposed to fit a 20 but it seems to be @ an inch longer and is about 2"s higher from front bolts lining up. I'm considering fabbing a bracket to attach the front to. Any other Ideas? The oem hood is so flimsy from cracks and metal fatigue I'd rather not use it and it's missing the grill. TIA
DON TX

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Although I haven"t been around many TE"s I do know that the
hood is different from a TE than what"s on a TO. If I remember
right the dog legs on the hood are made into the hood on a TE
where as they are separate stampings on a TO. I know the
latch is different between the two. John (UK) would be the one
to answer if they can be swapped or not.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You say you bought a hood that is for a 30 and it is suppose to fit a 20. I am sure that is correct if you look at the two letters in front of the numbers. A TO 30 hood will fit a TO 20 tractor however a TO 20/30 hood is different from a TE hood and will not fit on the TE tractor. The TE hood will fit the TE, TEA series of tractors, but not the TO series. If you have a Ferguson parts book you will see the differences in the two hoods.

Ivan in Mich
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My TE 20 hood was also cut like DON TX is. I bought a different hood which was suppose to be for a TE. The hood looks the same but did not fir right. I had to rebend the round support bar next to the dash to get it to fit close so I could latch it. On my TE the dog legs and the strip under the hood are all one piece that is seperate from the hood aned with this new hood it seems to bolt to low in the front pivot point. Ity works the way it is but maybe someday I will fix that also.

DON TX
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That makes sense, most of us newbies wouldn't know the differences in the te vs to hood and the guy I bought the hood from is a ford guy. Thanks.
DON TX

jon corbett
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

send me ur email address,i"ll send u hood and radiater pics of my te20

John(UK)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Hoods can't be interchanged from a TE to a TO tractor in its standard form. The Hoods will actually fit but the drivers end of the Hoods are different, the TE has a different locking mechanism to the TO. Forget about the doglegs as there is more to it than that. It could be made to fit as we have had some do it but they did spend a lot of time doing it. Depends on how much time you wish to spend doing it. Where you mention about a Radiator that stands taller, very often it is just the filler that is extended and if you have one of those it is most likely from a 35 or 135..John(UK)....fergusontractors@hotmail.com

John(UK)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where you mention about a Radiator that stands taller, very often it is just the filler that is extended and if you have one of those it is most likely from a 35 or 135..John(UK)

DON TX
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

email sent. Did you get it?

DON TX
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: TE 20 hood fit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics. My rad has definitely been changed, probly a 35 like John suggested. Didn't realize the hood had straps to limit the travel. I will see about designing some brackets to adapt the 30 hood.
DON TX

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.