Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M5 carb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Fawks
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: M5 carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just got my M5 back from overhaul and paint. It starts easy, idles fine, and runs with a load great....for a few minutes. Then it coughs and sputters like it's running out of gas until I let off the throttle.

New fuel line was run during restoration. I tried different adjustments on the carb. Any ideas?

pullingforfun
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: M5 carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could be some blockage in the tank it's self. Had that problem on our U

Craig Thompson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: M5 carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have also had a problem where I bought a new fuel bowl and the company that installed the outlet on the bowl installed teflon tape and was partially blocking fuel leaving the outlet.

This was a nightmare to find... but I would suspect it could even be at the connection points at the new fuel line? well its worth a try.

Steve Fawks
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: M5 carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess I"ll start by disconnecting the fuel line at the carb and checking the flow. If that"s good, I"ll move to carb itself. Thanks.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: M5 carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Odd thought but take a look in the tank as well....there may be an obstruction that floats over the hole occasionally that slows or stops the flow.

T.R.K.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: M5 carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I had that problem it was fuel varnish glaze over most of the filter screen. Couldn't tell it when the screen was wet, but was obvious when dry.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: M5 carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess you allready said that didnt you...lol

Steve Fawks
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: M5 carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there anything that would come about with the tractor warming up? The first few minutes seem perfect? I have the fuel shut off when not using the tractor, it starts fine and runs for several minutes at whatever speed. Then it starts pitching a fit until I cut the throttle.

shinnery
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: M5 carb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All my M5s are propane or diesel, should it have a vented cap on the tank? My only gas moline is a Big Mo 400 M with the round tank.
Bryce

Last edited by shinnery on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.