Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best faucet for kitchen sink?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tonight I replaced the seats and stems in my "drippy Delta" faucet for the 2nd time in 6 years. Former wife wanted a new faucet back in 2006. The old one was a Moen that was still working fine at the 17 year mark. I replaced the stems and seats in this Delta in 2009 and now again in 2012. Are there any American made faucets available that don't start dripping after 3 years?

Gordon in IN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Moen, with a lifetime cartridge replacement warranty. Received a replacement cartridge from them in the mail today. Check their web page.

Jack345
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Moen.

big fred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dunno if my Price-Pfister was made in USA or not, but it's been great for us for the past 17 years.

wisbaker
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Moen, Price Pfister and Kohler are the better residential brands my experience with them has been good.

60 acre hillside
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is wrong with replacing the seats every couple years when needed? What did you do with the Moen? The Moen is high quality with high priced parts and the Delta/Peerless Is good moderately priced with low priced replacement parts. Also Delta has a lifetime warranty.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to a real. Plumbing supplier for your faucet, not a big box store. Big box stores carry a homeline faucet for the weekend warrior, as opposed to a commercial quality from a plumbing supplier. Big difference in quality.

OldFarmTractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always was a fan of Farrah Fawcett

S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That would work! Beats fussin' about a drippy plumbing fixture anyday!

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Peerless single lever and probably has been repaired twice in the last 20 years. Parts are still free. She lady told me if parts are no longer available I'll get a new faucet free. Hal

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Moen in the kitchen and it will leak every few years ? I call them up and they send me a new cartrige for free. Hard to beat that if you can change them yourself which is easy.

jackinok
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sold and installed a lot of deltas in my days as a plumber.one thing that will help is if your on a well install the ceramic seats and things out of a commercial delta faucet.lots of times on a well you will have just a little sand in your water,thats hard on faucets.the ceramic handles it better.

sotxbill
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

single handed delta with orings...

VernMI

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ceramic washerless faucet will take the on-off cycles longer and have less operator effort. American Standard, Kohler, or Sterling are good sources but not all of their faucets are washerless so look at the specs. The ceramic valve won't leak however the swivel spout still uses O-rings so it will have to be serviced depending on the number of swivel cycles it is subjected to.

JDseller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Best faucet for kitchen sink? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had great luck with my Delta fixtures. I did by them at a local plumbing supply store. I got the one for the kitchen an then was at Lowes and saw one that looked just like it for $40 less. I bought it and took it home to compare. The model numbers where the same but the one from Lowes had some letters after the number. They look exactly a like but the one from the local store weight 14 ounces more. I got to looking and the metal parts where thinner on the one from Lowes. I took it back to Lowes. The other one is still in the kitchen now after nine years with ZERO repairs.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.