Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sediment bulb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DenisW
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My owner's manual shows a sediment bulb at the carburetor. My hybrid 851 does not have space below the tank for the sediment bulb. Parts manual does not show the set-up. What is the attachment/plumbing for this system? Are there any diagrams or better pictures to show me how to get sediment bulb on this tractor?
Thank You all who help me. I read the forum daily and get a better understanding from your posts.
DenisW

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sediment bowl on an 851 is attached to the carburetor with a hollow bolt. It fits between the carb and generator.

DenisW
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I see the fitting on the carb for attachment. Where do I find the hollow bolt? What happens to the small round screen into the carb from the existing fuel line?
DenisW

Ken-Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When i bought my 640 , it didn"t have a sediment bowl either . I bought mine at the local Ford tractor dealer . The hollow bolt was included with the bowl . Or you could check with Dennis Carpenter"s website . HTH ! God bless, Ken

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DenisW wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:14:57 09/24/12) I see the fitting on the carb for attachment. Where do I find the hollow bolt? What happens to the small round screen into the carb from the existing fuel line?
DenisW
That screen Not used.

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sediment bowl has its own screen.The bolt is 5/16.I had all the measurments on the bolt, offered to post them but there was no interest.You need 2 copper washers for gaskets on the bolt.Some original bolts are drilled wrong resulting in fuel starvation at hi rpm.

Bill Radford
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting to see the leak track on the oil filter. My 641 has done this ever since I had it. Rebuilt carb and it still leaks from mesh screen in bottom of bowl.
Almost every 600-800 series gasser I see does this.
Question: is this coming from bowl overflow?
or where?

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bill Radford wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:57:02 09/25/12) Interesting to see the leak track on the oil filter. My 641 has done this ever since I had it. Rebuilt carb and it still leaks from mesh screen in bottom of bowl.
Almost every 600-800 series gasser I see does this.
Question: is this coming from bowl overflow?
or where?
Just my opinion, but........with such an updraft carb system, any liquid that fails to atomize or falls out of atomization has no where but down to go....gravity, ya know....so, it drains out the mesh hole in bottom. On downdraft carbs (typical car/truck before FI) the liquid simply ran down into manifold & heat probably vaporized most if not all of it before reaching the cylinder & if not it would run into the cylinder.

Bill Radford
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I have noticed that mine doesnt do this quite as much if I let it idle a minute before I shut her down.
Makes sense
Thanks again
Bill

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Sediment bulb Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NOTE,mistake on bolt size, its 3/8.I have found the lost notes on bolt specs.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.