Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1952 TO-30 repair around Hillsboro Oregon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troy Whittle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: 1952 TO-30 repair around Hillsboro Oregon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a TO-30 and the 3pt stopped working last
summer. I really need to have a working
tractor for mowing the field. Is there anyone
around the Hillsboro area that knows how to
work on them, and if so, how much would you
charge to get it working again? I hope there is
somebody out there.
Thank you

Bob (Aust)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 TO-30 repair around Hillsboro Oregon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Troy. The Ferguson tractor is really mechanically quite basic, any reasonable handman with a few basic tools should be able to get one running.

If you don't have a local mechanic, do you have basic mechanical knowledge or any idea what may be wrong with the tractor?

Bob in Oz

phil(va)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 TO-30 repair around Hillsboro Oregon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tell us more about the tractor. Does the PTO shaft turn? Maybe we can diagnose it and if you can't work on it you can get a local auto mechanic to look at it with our diagnosis.

Bruce(OR)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 TO-30 repair around Hillsboro Oregon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hills-buritto? OR-EE-GUN? Whar"s THAT?
I heard tell Ory-gun may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from there. . .
Is it true that during tourist season y"all take "em out to the edge and shove "em over?
Whoo-ee! Sounds like fun!
Also heard tell you got a UFO whut comes out once a year. It"s called "The Sun".
Heard tell you can tell daylight from night time "cuz the cloud gets brighter. You know, the gray thing that stretches from one end of the horizon to the other.
Is it true that after awhile you don"t bother looking up "cuz it"s just un-ending fergy gray?
Heard tell y"all got a town named "Drain".
Is that cause of the pasturized water? You know! It flows from pasture to pasture to pasture. . .
Is it true that y"all don"t tan, you go to the beach and rust?
Are you a native Oregonion?
You got web feet??

Troy Whittle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 TO-30 repair around Hillsboro Oregon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can work on most things. When it stopped lifting, the 3pt lever just didn't feel right anymore. It was tough to move, like it had resistance on it. The PTO still spins, I just can't lift the 3pt.
I had a guy come out that delivered wood last fall, he saw it and said he used to have 6 of them. I told him what was wrong, and he said it was an easy fix. "Just take the seat and top plate off, you should see a fork... probably just popped off". Well, I took all of the bolt off that go to the plate that the seat bolts down onto to, but can't seem to raise it more that a half an inch. That is as far as I went. I didn't want to mess anything up from that point.

Bob (Aust)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 TO-30 repair around Hillsboro Oregon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Troy. Have you removed the "port hole" cover plate on the right side of the transmission?

Bruce(OR)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 TO-30 repair around Hillsboro Oregon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Troy has left the building. . .

Troy Whittle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 TO-30 repair around Hillsboro Oregon Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I removed the cover that the 3pt lift lever is on.
The plate below that has the high low shifter
lever on it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.