Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD 30 combine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howard Parker

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

will a John Deere 30 combine fit on a gooseneck trailer without taking off wheels or is it too wide to fit at all? how would you haul it? thanks Howard

Husker44A
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not be a smarta$$. But, a tapemeasure works well for this.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That"s what I was think"in too...I"ve been trying to come up with a good way to haul mine,,I don"t think there is a good way. I wanted to haul my #30 to Rantual next year to pull with my 60C in beans...

jd2cylman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well,
I sold one to a guy from Idaho several years ago. I am from Illinois. It took him two trips to figure out how to haul it. He made a "wing" deck for the RH side of his trailer to hold up the RH wheel. We helped him load it using two loader tractors. So, yes it can be done, but be prepared to work at it. I really hated to sell it, as it had been barn kept it's whole life and was in perfect condition. I bought it for $50.00. Couldn't pass it up. But shed space is at a premium on the farm, so something had to go. Plus my brother wouldn't let me use it to play around in $18.00 soybeans (organic). It would have looked nice behind my 530 or 630.

Adrian

Ray
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've hauled several over the years.Best to use a rollback and a block of wood for the right side axle to slide on.We used a block of wood with a notch cut into it for the axle to set then winched it on.I have hauled them on a gooseneck trailer if a loader tractor is available to guide it on the trailer.

Ray
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No it won't, the wheel on the passenger side sticks over a foot.You need a block under the axle.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I pulled mine a few years ago with my 60 in wheat running with our 9560, your right about barn space, I have a barn down the road rented for a Toy Box....We use to do custom work with one back in the day..it still does a fine job...

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sure if I tried to haul mine to Rantual like that some one with a Badge would stop me and give me a dozen reasons why I couldn't....

Bryan DeWitt
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is how I do it.

Bryan DeWitt
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: JD 30 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is the other way!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.