Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I bought a 25/40 yesterday!!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought that 25/40 yesterday, but because of the interest it generated, I had to give considerably more than he was 1st asking. I did get him to throw in a nicely restored CC though.
Yesterday morning I had to get Chris to give me the checkbook, I told her i was gonna buy a CASE 25/40 tractor. She asked if it was like the 2096, & insisted it have A/C & Heat, no more antiques!! I told her that "Fresh Air Blowers & Sun Ray Heaters were standard. A trucker is gonna deliver it here tomorrow, then the "krap will hit the fan".

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congratulations!!! Was wondering if you would get it. Will have to stop and see it next time I'm up that way.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CONGRAT"S John!!! are you going to use her on te farm?? great that she went to good home cnt tom

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

glad to hear you got it and its going to someone that will treat it with the respect it deserves

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nicely done John... Enjoy your new treasures. - Joe

Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad you got it John. Gary called me yesterday afternoon and asked me what I thought he should do, since he had interest from Texas first. I told him he should sell it to you! I heard there was a CC involved in the deal as well. Now you need to get that 25-45 ready and have it at the J.I.C.C.A. Convention that is being held here in PA in 2014!

How Would You Feel??

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hope you are really proud of the way you do business up there, John and Gary.

We were told yesterday as we were leaving that we were first in line to be able to buy it and by this morning had driven over 1200 miles on the way up there.

Didn't even know it was no longer available until we called the owner again to ask specific instructions for the address & let them know we were still on the road and just a few hours away.

Weren't even given a chance to counter offer or even a "courtesy call" to tell us we were wasting our time... Pretty crummy way to do business, if you ask me...

You should feel proud every time you look at it or yourself in the mirror... If you run your parts business like you do your "backroom dealings", I'm glad to steer clear of you!

Dave from Eastern Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Boy, that REALLY sucks...

JohnDY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should be upset with the seller. He should have told John that there was a buyer from Texas already on the way and he would have to wait till you looked at it. Too many times I have called a seller and told him I was leaving to go to his place and would he wait. told yes they would be waiting for me and when I get there "oh this person came with the money and I just had to sell it". That certainly doesn't do anything for you when you drove that far. The seller should have told Gary you were on the way. I hope sellers are a little more honest in the way they do business in the future.

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh Boo hoo. Get over it. How serious a buyer were you in the 1st place? You never left them your name or phone number. They had no way to get ahold of you, they never knew how serious you were. You told them you were making a buying trip up this way anyways, so it wasn't a "special trip". How many did you end up buying this trip? How long do you keep them before you profit on the sale? Do you ship them all back to Texas, or do you turn some without even touching them?
Gary is as straight as a shooter as they come. I was there with the cash, more than they asked, and given the circumstances, and that you, as a jockey would try to beat them down, Gary told them that a "bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush".
Both tractors will soon be here, at a new home for keeps, treasured.

Bobl1958
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just curious John, but what would make the difference whether he would sell it or keep it if the guy told him he would sell it to him. Running over with more money doesn't exactly make anything right. I have bought from you and sold to you, but would never try to take advantage of you. Not meaning anything bad towards you, but jee whiz, that just don't seem right. Bob

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like I said, no name or phone number. Was he really serious? How many times has opportunity passed because you waited on someone who never showed? I have 10 ton of corn in my bin that I could have sold last June, but I held it for a neighbor who wanted it 1st of September. Well, he informed me early this month that he didn't want it, & nobody wants it because they are all waiting for new crop, some of which has already come off in places.

Bobl1958
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like I said, I'm not trying to bash you at all, just saying if it was the other way around you would be on here screaming. You replied in your earlier post it was going to tx. Then next thing we hear is you have it. Probably would have been best not to get on here bragging about getting it bought. You could have told the gentleman to hold it for a few days and call you if the guy didn't show up. Oh well, everybody gets burned before their life is up. At any rate, good luck with it, I have no doubt it will have a good home.

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Based on what has been communicated here, it seems to me your ire is focused in the wrong place. The seller not the buyer pulled a fast one... If the seller gave you the first shot at the tractor and sold it to John, it is the seller that is lacking in integrity.

I went all the way to North Carolina about 10 years ago, only to find the sorry SOB sold the machine early the morning I arrived. All I got was a stupid look and an insincere apology. I should have kicked his dumb arse, but a few days in a NC jail wasn't terribly appealing.

Both you and John offered to buy the tractor...it was the seller that screwed up the transaction... IMHO

Last edited by Joe Young on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: I bought a 25/40 yesterday!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John, Like you I have had customers tell me thay wanted something and then never took it. Like stated a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Glad you got them. I have Kicked myself in the Arz for selling the 22-40 I had for way to little to a local guy who told me he would restore it and keep it in the area. He had done a beautiful job restoring an L on steel, and trusted him to do likewise with the 22-40 Instead he sold it for a healthy profit, and neither of us know what happened to it. I know YOU will TREASURE and KEEP your's.
Loren

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.