Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eden Pure Electric Heater

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-Maine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are Eden Pure Heaters any good?? I need something for living room before I turn oil boiler on for the winter. Thanks for any help

chevdud97@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have one. no complaints here. kids cant get hurt with it either.

randy hall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it's alot cheaper to go to tractor supply and buy a 1500 watt milkhouse heater. it will make the same amount of heat .

John T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: 3.41 BTU per Watt REGARDLESS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welllllllll you asked.....This is one of those fun questiosn you may get as many "opinions" about as posters lol so I will kick it off..Hey I have big shoulders I can handle it...

As an electrical engineer and having thought about your question, its my "opinion" (maybe right maybe wrong, no warranty, its ONLY an unresearched "opinion" to which all are entitled)
NOTE Im NOT a Mechanical or Thermodynamics engineer so this may or may not be accurate, I'm NOT taking the time to research it !!!

They are of fairly good quality,,,,, nice looking,,,,,,,,, and likely a bit safer then a cheap Wally World 1500 to 1800 watt (similar size) electric resistance heater.

HOWEVER far as I know they produce around 3.41 BTU of heat per Watt of electricity they consume (a 1500 watt produces 5115 BTU) WHILE ANY CHEAP WALLY WORLD ELECTRIC RESISTACNE STRIP HEATER STILL PRODUCES THE SAME 3.41 BTU/WATT

Sooooooo if you want to pay a big price for a nice looking decent quality and probably relatively safe electric heater THATS YOUR FREE CHOICE but I dont think they are much (if anymore) more efficient as far as BTU of heat you get versus watts of electricity they use then a $20 Wally World electric resistance heater.....

NOTE I'm NOT getting into the efficiency or differences in Convestion versus Conduction or Radiation Heat, thats for the Mechanical Engineers. Basically you can "feel" warmer once all the ambient air around you is warmed up orrrrrrrrrr if youre sititn under a radiant heater you can feel warm the instant its turned on SO THAT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BUTTTTTTTTTTT EVEN THE EDEN POURE IS SIMPLY A FORCED FAN AIR HEATER REGARDLESS IF THE HEAT SOURCE IS QUARTZ
OR INFRARED OR WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!

Your money your choice.....

John T

Stan in Oly, WA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It really depends on whether you're purchasing it mainly as a heater or mainly as a piece of furniture. As a heater, you can buy a unit that will put out exactly the same amount of heat and cost a tenth as much, or less (to buy, not to run---they will cost the same to run per unit of heat output). If you want to spend the extra because you like the way it looks, then we're getting into the area of taste. Matters of taste can't be argued; there's no accounting for taste.

Stan

DH in Carolina
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Eden pure and Bob Vila are just alike- full of BS. My opinion DH

MisterT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: 3.41 BTU per Watt REGARDLESS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John T wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:17:28 09/28/12) Welllllllll you asked.....This is one of those fun questiosn you may get as many "opinions" about as posters lol so I will kick it off..Hey I have big shoulders I can handle it...

As an electrical engineer and having thought about your question, its my "opinion" (maybe right maybe wrong, no warranty, its ONLY an unresearched "opinion" to which all are entitled)
NOTE Im NOT a Mechanical or Thermodynamics engineer so this may or may not be accurate, I'm NOT taking the time to research it !!!

They are of fairly good quality,,,,, nice looking,,,,,,,,, and likely a bit safer then a cheap Wally World 1500 to 1800 watt (similar size) electric resistance heater.

HOWEVER far as I know they produce around 3.41 BTU of heat per Watt of electricity they consume (a 1500 watt produces 5115 BTU) WHILE ANY CHEAP WALLY WORLD ELECTRIC RESISTACNE STRIP HEATER STILL PRODUCES THE SAME 3.41 BTU/WATT

Sooooooo if you want to pay a big price for a nice looking decent quality and probably relatively safe electric heater THATS YOUR FREE CHOICE but I dont think they are much (if anymore) more efficient as far as BTU of heat you get versus watts of electricity they use then a $20 Wally World electric resistance heater.....

NOTE I'm NOT getting into the efficiency or differences in Convestion versus Conduction or Radiation Heat, thats for the Mechanical Engineers. Basically you can "feel" warmer once all the ambient air around you is warmed up orrrrrrrrrr if youre sititn under a radiant heater you can feel warm the instant its turned on SO THAT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BUTTTTTTTTTTT EVEN THE EDEN POURE IS SIMPLY A FORCED FAN AIR HEATER REGARDLESS IF THE HEAT SOURCE IS QUARTZ

John T

Very well said, and I agree 100%, but very rarely does the general population EVER let the facts get in the way of their opinions or desires.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: 3.41 BTU per Watt REGARDLESS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MisterT wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:22:48 09/28/12)
John T wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:17:28 09/28/12) Welllllllll you asked.....This is one of those fun questiosn you may get as many "opinions" about as posters lol so I will kick it off..Hey I have big shoulders I can handle it...

John T

Very well said, and I agree 100%, but very rarely does the general population EVER let the facts get in the way of their opinions or desires.
Just like many voters, huh?

ChuckMa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have two in a large house and helps out quite a bit keeping individual rooms warm.
Chuck

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: 3.41 BTU per Watt REGARDLESS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jessie, Don't you know if you pay big bucks, get a wooden cabnet built Amish, who don't like electricity, that you will get more heat from electricity, 3410 BTU's per 1000 watts?
George

hd6gtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve I have 2 of a different brand in a well insulated building, no furnace in the building yet. They work great, dont have to worry about the milk house heater tipping over, I have 2 of those in a small work room, always bumping them and upsetting 1 or both of the darn things. I would put an eden pure type in that room, if I could fit them in there.

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wasn"t there an unemployed snake that found a job selling those Heaters from Eden ?

John T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: 3.41 BTU per Watt REGARDLESS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Darn Right George, anything that well touted and slobbered over and nationally advertised and overpriced SURELY DEFIES THE LAWS OF PHYSICS RIGHT??? and produces MORE then 3.41 BTU/Watt ya reckon ROFLMAO

Still, they are purdyyyyyy and are more like furniture, so if a dude wants to spend more but still get the same heat, hey who are we to stand in the way.........I SUPPORT A BODYS FREE ECONOMIC CHOICES

I was at Tractor Supply once when a plaid sport coated white shoes n belt dude was sellin them (talkin/bragging about the infrared spectrum and quartz heating) and when I started askin about 3.41 BTU/watt he tried to dismiss me and when he proclaimed how many sq feet they could heat I asked at what ambient temperature and what R value insulation he really got upset with me....WONDER WHY HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Take care yall

John T

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I still think that you can save money by buying the Amish one for 300 bucks. You need to buy a 20 dollar one at the farm store and compair. Whey you find out that the 20 buck 1500 watt one does not put any more heat that the 300 buck 1500 watt one you will find that the heat from the rage of spending 300 buck will more than make up the difference in the heat,

thurlow
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Eden Pure Electric Heater Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know why everyone's so skeptical; I've got 2 of 'em. My brother-in-law (the electrisitical one) rewired both of 'em. If I turn 'em all the way 'up', they make that meter thing outside the house run backwards. Some months, the electric company owes me money, 'stead of the other way 'round. I may get a couple more of 'em. I think I've found the solution to the world's energy crisis........

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.