Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new small pull type combine

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom from Ontario
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you could buy a new small pull type combine and remembering the old ones, what would you go for? People with less than 100 acres of grain are having a tough time keeping old ones going or getting a custom operator. I imagine there will be a ton of votes for A-C 72 and 90.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya,gotta agree on the 72 or 90. I had a JD 42 but I wouldn't give a plug nickle for another one. Oliver 18 maybe.

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What small acreage I harvest, a good used (read CHEAP) combine would be welcome. Right now, I bind and shock the oats, and take them to the local steam/old tractor show for thrashing.

Scott 730
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rrlund wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:21:28 09/28/12)

I had a JD 42 but I wouldn't give a plug nickle for another one.

Could you please elaborate?? I am looking for one.

Frank Dodson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oliver model 18.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That'd shoot the heck out of our August social life.

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, I'd save some for Blanchard, just not so much - Kinda got in over our heads this year!

young tractor

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have put about 40 acres of soybeans and wheat through my 90 allis pull type and the only thing that has broke was a rock guard yesterday. Plus very easy to get parts through Yaz all crop. It purred right through 55 bushel soybeans.

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are custom operators really that hard to find??
I'd probably quit before I tried cutting grain with a PT combine.

Rod

wijim
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Id buy a new JD #30. She did a great job again this year in the beans.

Flewster
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RodInNS wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:03:31 09/28/12) Are custom operators really that hard to find??
I'd probably quit before I tried cutting grain with a PT combine.

Rod

Well Rod, Some of us find it quite enjoyable to use equipment from the past......no I'm not going to do 3000 acres with my All-Crop 66 but it sure is fun to operate. And I bet I can get as clean if not a cleaner sample than any new combine on the market today.

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you enjoy tinkering with an old combine... that's one thing. I can think of things I'd rather do having spent a fair amount of time having tinkered with an old combine... when I needed it to work.
It's not a road I'd care to follow as a means to an end. To fool around... that's another thing.

Rod

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In some places they are. Can't hire anyone around here. Big farmers just want to worry about their own, and not enough potential customers for somebody to just do custom harvesting. I'd gladly hire a big, new combine to do my soybeans in a couple days, but I'm forced to fight that cantankerous Gleaner K2 for however long it takes.

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You bet, an Oliver 18 combine. Neighbors had one when I was a teenager. I helped and don"t remember ANY breakdowns, although I"m sure they had a few. That thing just kept going and going. I just saw one in the Wi. Farmer paper about a month ago for sale by an equip. dealer. Advertised it to USE! Asking was $800.00 I believe.
Larry NEIL

Tony in SD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: new small pull type combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't forget the popular Minneapolis Moline G-4 and it's variations there of

I still have my Grandpa's G-144 he bought new the year I was born. It's only been on 2 farms it's working life my brother and mine

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.