Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is Price Range For A Nice Michigan Mfg'd MF-35 Diesel?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Mist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: What is Price Range For A Nice Michigan Mfg'd MF-35 Diesel? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The title to this thread says it all..... I'm not asking about a show/restored tractor; just a very nice, straight, solid, clean tractor for light duty around the place. Any market knowledge/help would be appreciated.

Grassy-Us,

Mike

Last edited by Red Mist on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AndyS

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Price Range For A Nice Michigan Mfg'd MF-35 D... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am curious why you would rule out the UK
versions of the MF-35, there isn't much difference
and there are a number of them in the states.

From my observation I would think you should
expect to pay between $2500 and $3500 for a good
operating tractor but not a perfect show tractor.
It might be toward the higher end if there has
been significant verifiable repairs like, clutch,
hydraulic rebuild, brakes, etc. You could then be
assured that you wouldn't need to put money in to
the recently repaired part.

supergrumpy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Price Range For A Nice Michigan Mfg'd MF-35 D... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Standard diesels don't sell as well as the Perkins

Red Mist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Price Range For A Nice Michigan Mfg'd MF-35 D... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Andy:

Well, frankly, I feel (and this is only my personal opinion) the UK models are much less attractive. Also, I have been told those parts which are unique to the UK models are more costly. And, I want nothing to do with a Standard diesel engine.

Thanks for the price range, though. Very helpful. Mike

Last edited by Red Mist on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Red Mist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Price Range For A Nice Michigan Mfg'd MF-35 D... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree, Supergrumpy. It is the Michigan/Perkins combination I would want. Mike

Last edited by Red Mist on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What is Price Range For A Nice Michigan Mfg'd MF-35 D... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are talking about the hood, well, a matter of opinion, I like the other better too, but then everyone thinks it is a 20 or 30.
I have a strong hunch, like cars now, alot of casting and machined parts were imported and exported as needed, so no difference in quality at all... unless you are comparing engines. I like the Michigan made Continentals myself too... read my post on this and the fergie page about a Standard engine from h@!!
A TO 35 with Cont is hard to beat.
But like all non trendy show off tractors, only worth what a seller will end up getting for one.

AndyS

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: What is Price Range For A Nice Michigan Mfg'd MF-35 D... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Red Mist,

Visual appearance is subjective, so whatever you
like. However, you should know that the UK versions
were made with the 3 cyl Perkins as well. There are
some parts that are harder to find in the US but
are readily available from English web sites. The
prices I have seen tend to be a little cheaper than
US prices, but freight is higher.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: What is Price Range For A Nice Michigan Mfg'd MF-35 D... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just re-read the heading... yeah, Michigan assembled, but if a diesel, neither engine was 'merican made. Massey was maybe the world's first multinational global corporation, and kinda still is. The whole world farms with MF's..... if they tried red or green- they would starve eh?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.