Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ford 4000 4 cylinder PTO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Douglas Miner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Ford 4000 4 cylinder PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another question about my Tractor. Underneath the seat there is a hydraulic valve with a lever on it. The block of the valve has two 1/2 inch hoses with quick disconnect fittings. If I move the handle it puts pressure to the hoses (I have not put much pressure on them). There is also a rod sticking out with a pin through it like on a hydraulic jack to release the pressure. Could this affect the operation of the cable controlled PTO? Sorry I can't post any pictures now.

Back at sea now but I will be pulling the transmission cover off when I get home. Should have been more careful reinstalling the cable.

Thanks Doug

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 4000 4 cylinder PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sounds like you have a stgandard top cover hyd valve.. and it may have a SA setting on it, otherwise DA.

I don't think the SOS mechanism uses the engine mounted hydro pump for anything. I believe it has it's own charge pump up front..

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 4000 4 cylinder PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your remote hydraulic valve is independent of your SOS transmission.

The small "rod" with a pin through it is a flow control valve. Adjusting it affects the operaton speed of a remote hydraulic cylinder.

When you operate the remote valve lever with the engine running but nothing connected to the remote hydraulic connections, you dead head the system against the relief valve. I do this after repair work to the hydraulic system to check for leaks and proper relief valve operation but doing so is not recommended as routine practice.

Dean

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.