Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What I Saw Today, Houston Miss.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I checked with 1sarge last night to see if the Fall show was a go and he was kind enough to call me and say that there were some tractors there. Not many but, a few, so I decided to get up this morning and head out to Houston Miss. 140 miles south and 3 1/2 hours drive. I left home about 5:45 and headed south through Jackson Tn. and south to Bolivar Tn. then south through Middleton Tn. and into Mississippi through Walnut, Ripley, Blue Mountain, New Albany, Pontotoc, and then Houston Miss.
As it got light, I noticed more and more yard sales along the road and floks waking up to move stuff out to the yard or scattered parking lots in towns that I passed through.
The dawn light was slow comming up as it was overcast but, didn't really look like rain, and mabey those folks that were preparing for yard sales knew for sure that it wasn't going to rain.
This is considered "first Monday week end" and those are key words for the big flea markets here in the south. There's a big flea market on the south edge of Ripley Miss. that looks like a large refuge camp from a distance. If you go there, you will not see it all in a day.
I made a mental note to stop at the Wal-Mart on the north side of Pontotoc to fill up on the way back. Gas was $3.38.9/10 a gallon for regular (10% ethanol). I also stopped at Auto Zone to get a couple of quarts of engine oil for spares (the old gray car is a couple thousand miles from a quarter million). Anyway, on to Houston. I got there and it was warm and muggy (humid). The light from the sun was hazy but bright, good light for photography

Photobucket

One of the club officers announcing the tractor parade at 10:30

Photobucket

Video is of a local chior singing the national anthem, "Good morning world, from Houston Miss." The thumping noise in the back ground is the big Fairbanks Morse engine running.
National Anthem

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Must redo

Last edited by Walt in Jaxn Tn. on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The agraculture museum in the park (Joe Brigance Park)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These young ladies were in a trance (before I took their picture)watching what or who is in the next photo

Photobucket

Watching this young lady, Miss Mississippi, Outstanding Teen, 2012, Molly May
This is not the pretty girl on a pretty tractor but she will do!

Photobucket

Video is of Molly May singing on stage at the Mississippi Flywheelers show
Molly May, Miss Mississippi, Outstanding Teen 2012

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Young lady was having a little trouble dealing with autisim and someone called 911

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

John Deere "L" with different power plant

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Backing down ramp

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Empire Tractor

Photobucket

Photobucket

Engine owner wanted any information anyone might have on this engine. It has no name and mihgt be the only one built

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This engine is known but I did not get the name

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the tractor pull contestants

Photobucket

Temporary fix for leaking head gasket, leaking coolant

Photobucket

One of the entertainers on the stage singing "boot scootin boogie" and doing a very good job

Video is of engine being started. Engine used to be an old air compressor
It used to be an aircompressor

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Making craklin

Photobucket

ladies cleaning up containers for making craklin

Photobucket

Video is of one of the men cooking craklin. You'll notice in the back ground, the old Fairbanks Morse thumping noise and a farmer talking about making hay (or not making hay)
Cooking craklin

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The old Fairbanks Morse engine

Photobucket

Video is of the Fairbanks Morse engine running (thumping noise in the background of some of the other videos)
Fairbanks Morse engine

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Home made gas powered fan
Gas powered fan being started

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The real meaning of a bench seat

Photobucket

Photobucket

Case tractor with a duster

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Home made steam traction engine

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Old German model boiler and demonstration engine
Boiler being fired up

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Video is of Cub running grinder
International grinder

Walt in Jaxn Tn.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hope you like the Photos and videos. There are 111 files in all. If there is a praticular photo that you like, let me know (email is open)and I will email it to you

This photo is of an entertainer singing "Boot ScootPhotobucket

in Boogie" and doing a very good job of it.

Mt.Man

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pics and I enjoyed them very much. Thank You

thesmoothedeere
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Walt what can you tell bout this ? It looks homemade ? But very old ? Very neat piece .

thesmoothedeere
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What I Saw Today, Houston Miss. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just noticed in the background . Are those inmates ? lol

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.