Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AC WD45 TIMING

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CM BEHOUNEK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tractor ran ok so i wanted to put some new ignition parts in it, I put on a new condensor, rotor, points and a dist. cap. The tractor ran ok then I started moving around plug wires. I set it up as firing order from front of tractor to back 1-2-4-3. #1 to dist closest to block closest to radiator, #2 away from block, in front, #4 away from block away from radiator and #3 away from radiator and close to block. I set the points at 020. Why wont this tractor run? Help, Chad

Tramway Guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It won't run because you started moving around the spark plug wires.....put them back where they were.

CM BEHOUNEK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dont remember where they were.

Aaron SEIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Assuming your distributor is timed close to this one, this picture should help you if you can follow the wires.
AaronSEIA

JMS./MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From his description, that's the way they are. He needs to determine compression stroke on #1 piston and see the rotor position and go from there. Could be anywhere. I didn't get doing the tune-up if it was running fine.

CM BEHOUNEK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It ran but not very good

Aaron SEIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with JMS, you need to get #1 at TDC on the compression stroke and go from there. Pull the plug (all of them makes turning it over easier). While rolling the engine over with your thumb on the hole for #1, feel for air trying to get past your thumb. That is the compression stroke. Line up the fire mark on the flywheel, then get your wires lined up like the picture I posted.
AaronSEIA

JMS./MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aaron gave you the starting info- here's a bit more- he talks about flywheel firing mark. I stick a bent wire thru the plug hole, let it rest on the top of the piston....turn crank back and forth to find TDC. Either way, after that, you need to take off the dist cap and see where the rotor points- that is where you install #1 plug wire. Then install the others, clockwise, viewed from above.

glr62
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

try 1-3-4-2

glr62
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AC WD45 TIMING Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my wrong 1243

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.