Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

installe vale guides tips

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo 2 Ns

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: installe vale guides tips Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is ther any tips to installe the valve guides into the block.never had to install this type before.thanks for any advise.good site I enjoy reading the info

Geo 2 Ns

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: installe vale guides tips Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry up
date info 1949 8N front dist ref to engine intake and exhaust valves guides

JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: installe vale guides tips Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Geo 2 Ns wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:07:12 09/30/12) sorry up
date info 1949 8N front dist ref to engine intake and exhaust valves guides

Geo...valve guides are installed "under" the valve spring and seated on the valve stem, held in place with two keepers. Seals are offered for both intake and exhaust. I use seals on both, some say forget em on exhausts.

You install the valve, guide, spring as one unit into the corresponding holes in the block. Just line em up and tap em in. Held in place with keepers. clear as mud, eh. Post back with any q's.

-Jeff

tn8n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: installe vale guides tips Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Geo 2 Ns wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:02:37 09/30/12) is ther any tips to installe the valve guides into the block.never had to install this type before.thanks for any advise.good site I enjoy reading the info

are you using the rotating type exhaust valves? are the guides solid or two piece? one of the gurus will give you a much better response than i can, but for now..

lube them up good and be easy when you press them down into the block so you don't tear the seals. assemble the valves, and install them from above, (top of block.) reach in through the intake and exhaust port to press the guide down enough to get the keeper on, then push it up until the keeper is seated in the block. most people grind a flat screwdriver to do the prying with. search around this site for a pic of what to do. i followed their directions and it worked great!

Geo 2 Ns

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: installe vale guides tips Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the info just wanted to be sure the was no hidden little tricks that I should whatch out for.
thanks agin have A good week

george 2 8NS

Geo 2 Ns

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: installe vale guides tips Reply to specific post Reply with quote

THANKS FOR THE INFO WILL PUT THEM IN TIS AFTERNOON WHEN i GET HOME FROM DOC
THANKS AGAIN GEO

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.