Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Part needed for 3000 ford

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I need to find some place that carries the power steering check valve/vent seems that the New Holland dealer can not get one and also says there is no where a person can buy one so true or false and if false where to find it??
Thanks

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you're talking about a part inside the pump... then no, they are not serviced separately. Buy a pump is the only real option unless you find a junk pump to take the parts out of.
If you're dealing with something in the steering sector... then I don't know. Sometimes A&I has stuff. Sometimes not. Sometimes you don't want it anyway...

Rod

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old, are you talking about part # 18 in the photo?
Mine is missing that too. What I did is buy a 1/8" pipe plug and drill a hole up from the bottom and a hole from the side.
Been that way for 6 years now.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep that is it. It is there but it burps out fluid from time to time and makes a mess and since it is a check valve I figured maybe by replacing it that would stop the problem. I was also told if power steering fluid has been used in it that can cause seal problems and yep some one has used the PS fluid in it

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have the I-T FO-31 manual it is #7 in the fig. 27 on page 16

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are losing ps fluid from there your lower seal is bad = part # 14.
Replace the upper seal while you are in there - # 35. I always replace the 2 orings while I am at it - # 33

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i wonder if a check plug from another application may work.. is it an oil check but allows air in. or is it an air check that allows oil out. IE.. which way is the check.. does it allow exit ( my guess ).. or allow entry.

a plug for a rotary mower that has a cap or check in it may work. i've seen them in 3/8.. guess you coun use a 1/8 mto 3/8f fitting and the mower plug ???

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have an I&T manual.
If you look up the original number in NH's parts online or PAL then you might have something to work with. A&I and some others use the original Ford part numbers to distinguish what you're looking for.

Rod

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

New Holland say it is a non serviced part so can not get it from them

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

but if you have the part number you can use that to search A&I or similar outfits...

Rod

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya that I do not have and the guys from NH said they have no aftermarket place that sells them either

Jetbird
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree that what you need to do is replace the lower seal part number 14 in the drawing. The only fluid that should be in the lower part of the steering gear is a non-pressurized oil bath for the worm and sectors. This non-pressurized oil supply is filled only to the level of the fill plug, which is number 52 in your drawing. Note that this fill plug is below the level of the part you are looking to replace, number 18. Unless you are on an extreme slope when the seepage comes out of this valve, the fluid can never get high enough to come out of it. You can't fill the lower reservoir of the steering gear higher than the fill hole (plug for hole is part number 52). The only way to get the fluid in this lower section higher than the fill hole is by a leak in the lower seal, part number 14. The vent valve part number 18 is not meant to stop the leakage of pressurized power steering fluid, so I highly doubt that even a brand spankin' new one will do so. Just my 2 cents worth. Best of luck to you. My steering gear rebuild was easy enough. Don't hesitate to dig into it.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is not my tractor but one I am fixing for some one else and with all that looks like it would need to come off to fix it looks like a 5 plus hour job but since the P.O. of it ran power steering fluid in it not the UTF sort of oil maybe just changing to the thicker oil may help it a lot

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Part needed for 3000 ford Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can look the numbers up yourself at NH's parts website.
I don't know if anything is available or not but that's a start.
If you need used... google Fawcett tractor. They're the predominant Ford wrecker in the northeast.

Rod

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.