Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any guessimates???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Any guessimates??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On about what a Ford 2000 with FEL and backhoe would weigh? I don't know the brand of FEL or Backhoe but a rough estimate would be a great asset.

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Any guessimates??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

which 2000? they made 2 different 2000s

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Any guessimates??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I assume you're thinking about hauling or shipping this unit?
These are just swag numbers.
You don't say if it's a Prior 2000 or a 3 cyl 2000 but both are in the 3-4K range.
Fel? .6K
Backhoe?? Even a lightweight unit like a Sherman is still 1K I'd guess.
Fluid or wheel weights and all the extra oil for the hydraulics adds up too.
If it's a Prior you could probably get it home with a half ton PU and a 7K tandem trailer.
If it aint a 2000 but something like a 3400 tlb you couldn't haul it on 7K trailer.
Depends on the distance you're hauling it too.
We're always glad to see some pictures.

Greg1959
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Any guessimates??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the information.

Yup, I hope to haul it pretty soon.

Jack L
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Any guessimates??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did some research on my Industrial 4000 with subframe before I had it shipped. I was told the tractor was 3,800#, backhoe 2,200#,FEL 1,700# and loaded tires at 900#each. So I figured 9,500 to 10,000. The hoe and fel are Ford 703 and 723.

HTH,
Jack

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Any guessimates??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that's gotta be close.

I put a woods 6500 hoe on the back of an 850 that also has a 722 loader on it.. filled rear tires and a subframe zi built for the hoe. she makes my 7k trailer gurnt.. but she is too long for it with it being a 16' trailer. if it were a 20' it would fit on there.. but I think a 10k would like it more. currently i haul her with my gooseneck... which aint ideal as it is a deckover and load angles are weird with the hoe on there. i only backup on the trailer now but have to do so with the dipper stick raised and angled out a bit... originally tried to laod forward and that was all fine.. but unloading was a bit of a white knuckle experience.. Smile

Brian in MA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Any guessimates??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree. My "gut" tells me that a 7,000 pound trailer would be a full load, or maybe overload, but 10,000 pound trailer would be fine. My '68 4,000 with just a loader, no hoe, bent the axles on my 7k trailer. Yes, 4000 is heavier than a 2000, but I'm guessing the hoe would about equal them out.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Any guessimates??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yep.. I'm betting a 7k trailer is overloaded at that level. might work. know I have ran mine overlaoded.. but I also know it;s not good...

10k is safer... etc..

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.