Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

needing print out of BS 19? engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: needing print out of BS 19? engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Flywheel and shaft is smooth. Shaft is tapered. How do I go bout timing the flywheel to the shaft. Please give me a exploded printout I can look at. Thanks.

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: needing print out of BS 19? engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What style ign system on eng?The mod#19 eng used 2 different systems depending on age of eng.

One system had coil mounted OVER flywheel & used a tab on face of flywheel to set flywheel timing,other system was the magna-matic with a rotor mounted on crank & coil UNDER flywheel,on this system the magnet rotor is clamped to crank & keyed to shaft with a woodruff key,ign timing is set by moving plate with coil on it & matching set mark to eng mod# on rotor,the flywheel is held by crank/flywheel taper & flywheel nut and has no effect on ign timing,if you have this system check crank very carefully,woodruff key may be sheared flush with shaft.

greygoat
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: needing print out of BS 19? engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There's a FREE download someplace..I'll send
web address if I find it.
greygoat

Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: needing print out of BS 19? engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Joe, How ya doin? Say, would you please send me the print out you did before. Its the B&S on a Simplicity walk behind garden tractor with the tapered shaft with no key way. Thanks ALOT.

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: needing print out of BS 19? engine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Goto link below,after you download put mouse pointer over pic/text,same will change to a magnifying glass with a + in center,click left mouse button to enlarge,if your browser doesn't support this feature,try a different browser.The link below is for ign system with coil OVER flywheel & key tab on face of flywheel,IF maga-matic system under flywheel then flywheel timing isn't an issue,there may/may not be a key tab on flywheel on this system,briggs manual only shows how to remove flywheel & makes no mention or shows key tab,flywheel & crank may just be a taper lock held with flywheel nut,I had a mod 23 yrs ago with magna-matic system but never had a problem with same or need to pull flywheel cover,so I don't know for sure if there's a key tab to lock flywheel.
flywheel

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.