Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

plowing question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: plowing question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

after watching the jubilee video i was wondering does a pull behind plow require the same driver position as a 3pt hook up plow.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: plowing question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i would think so, most smaller tractors even pulling a trailer plow still ran the right rear tire in the plough furrow.

this made the driver set at an angle in the seat.

if this is what you are talking about

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: plowing question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the position you most see with 3pt plows is right hand on hyd lever and body turned with face facing rearward. my dad did it as did my brothers and me. i thought it was done because we were always adjusting the depth of the plow with the hyd lever. a pull behind plow that has no 3pt hook up is there adjusting the depth of plow while actually plowing?
we plowed with a TO-20 and TO-35.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: plowing question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have an old to-35 and it has the depth control so i do not have to watch it so.

guess you just get in the habit of looking back.

the little T0-35 with 3-12's can really roll some dirt and does a good job.
I installed new coulters on the plow (mf62) this year.

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: plowing question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my dad bought the 35 new in 55. (green belly) according to my much older brothers the "depth" control never worked as advertised.

NEKS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: plowing question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With pull type plow we set the levers for depth and never changed them in that field. Looked back, but never that much, the plow kind of took care of it self. The sound of the tractor told you a lot what was going on.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.