Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Identify this Plow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bordermen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Please Identify this Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I bought my Farmall A it came with this plow and these brackets. Can anyone identify the plow and show me how to hook it up to my A? Is there a manual?

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Please Identify this Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you can identify the plow, I'm sure that you can get a manual for it from binderbooks DOT com.

However, it looks like you might be missing some pieces. Are there any hand lift levers mounted to the tractor right now?

Hopefully Hal will post his picture of his A with the plow mounted.

I live in Spencerport, probably not far from you. Most of Rochester is <10 minutes away from me. Worst case maybe we can piece it together some afternoon?

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Please Identify this Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's the Farmall A I restored in 1975/1976. I don't think my plow had that wheel on it. You need those levers in the pic for lifting the plow and tilting the plow point. The plow and tractor were never sheltered and I had the plow sandblasted at work. It wasn't that hard to install the plow on the tractor and no one at our local IH shop knew how to install the plow. Since all the hardware on the plow was never removed made it easy. Hal

bordermen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Please Identify this Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i figured i was missing some brackets. when i bought the tractor the plow was sitting in a pile of brackets and i got everything that was there. if i had a manual i could tell what i need and what i'm missing. as for a hand lever, i have a left hand-side hand lever used for lifting and lowering a front-mounted snow plow blade. i've never had the plow hooked up. I live in Caledonia, so it would be great to meet up sometime and figure this thing out.

still any help from the rest of you would be GREAT!!! i'd love to use this on my garden this next spring

mkirsch wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:07:43 10/02/12) If you can identify the plow, I'm sure that you can get a manual for it from binderbooks DOT com.

However, it looks like you might be missing some pieces. Are there any hand lift levers mounted to the tractor right now?

Hopefully Hal will post his picture of his A with the plow mounted.

I live in Spencerport, probably not far from you. Most of Rochester is <10 minutes away from me. Worst case maybe we can piece it together some afternoon?

bordermen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Please Identify this Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok I think it's an A-91. Am I right? anywhere I can download the manual? the only manual i can find cost about $48

El Toro wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:30:47 10/02/12) Here's the Farmall A I restored in 1975/1976. I don't think my plow had that wheel on it. You need those levers in the pic for lifting the plow and tilting the plow point. The plow and tractor were never sheltered and I had the plow sandblasted at work. It wasn't that hard to install the plow on the tractor and no one at our local IH shop knew how to install the plow. Since all the hardware on the plow was never removed made it easy. Hal

Last edited by bordermen on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Please Identify this Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It might be out on the web, but probably not. If it is, the site is not well known, for sure.

Publishing manuals like that is a gray area... Copyright infringement and all... Doubtful that CNH would come after someone for publishing the manual, but you never know.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.