Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The ATV log cart build

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lanse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: The ATV log cart build Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys!!

So, a little while back, I found a cool little trailer on this site made by Gtractorfan, and I decided to make my own version, hopefully to sell when I'm done.

A trip to the city for steel and a few hours later, Its almost ready to go. Its been a really fun project, even if I did screw everything up in the second video, but I'll get that straightened out here sooner or later.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the first two parts of the three part series... Hope everyones enjoying their week, I'll have another video here before too long Smile
video1 video2

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: The ATV log cart build Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you had left the tubes open, it would be good weasel habitat. For some reason, they can't resist playing in a tube.

Tom in TN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: The ATV log cart build Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lanse,

Once again you've created a really informative, enjoyable video. I greatly admire your ability and eagerly await part 3.

Thanks for your work.

Tom in TN

Puddles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The ATV log cart build Reply to specific post Reply with quote

“Diamond plate makes things 32% more bad a$$”
Good to know, I did not know that! Laughing

keh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The ATV log cart build Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good neat job. I agree with closing the ends of the tubes. They will collect wasps nests when left open.

You may still have water get in the tubes. When welding tubing closed, the heated air will build up pressure and, on the last weld, will blow a small hole in the melted steel weld. At least that has been my experience when welding galvanized pipe gates. I think you can let the assembly cool and tack weld the hole closed if desired.

KEH

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: The ATV log cart build Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a hard time with your videos for some reason... Will you post just a normal pic of the finished product please???

Like the others said about closing holes, it's a good idea. However, if it's tuff, Bubba (and me) can be pretty creative.... If one of them open ends has the remote possibility of receiving a slide in (and pin) modification like a saw, meedeater, saw, axe, etc box or mount, leave it open and get you some of the plastic stoppers to plug them....

Hurry up with the pics.....

Stephen B
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The ATV log cart build Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lance,
Just cut the hitch beam flush with the front of trailer and add it to the back. The back of your trailer will become the front and your axle supports will be in the correct position. Seems easier then removing axle supports. Less co-lateral damage

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: The ATV log cart build Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't close the ends of mine and haven't had trouble with varmits, but that would make it more finished. Last fall I moved this buckeye tree and it survived. I had a bunch of weight on the front of the trailer. I made a trench next to the tree and pulled a strong wire under the roots to cut it loose. I have some extrra old Simplicity 2 wheel tractor hubs and wheels, pulling the clip pins lets you remove the wheels in seconds. I underslung the frame to the axle, welded and Ubolted to make it lower and easier to load big pieces.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The ATV log cart build Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I watched you start welding those axle mounts on the frame... Then I knew what you were talking about. Serious facepalm moment for sure.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.