Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harold H
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What five IH pre 1960 tractors would you collect if you could have your ideal/dream collection of five tractors?

My ideal/dream collection would include: 1. IH Heburt Shop Mule, 2. International I-4 Indutrial (already have), 3. Farmall SMTA (without TA), 4. Farmall B-450 Diesel, and 5. McCormick WR-9 Rice Fiels Special.

What would you ideal/dream five pre 1960 collection include?

Harold H

BigTone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1. Farmall 450 (Next tractor to find/buy)

2. Farmall Super MTA (Already Have)

3. Farmall M (Already Have)

4. Farmall Super A

5. Farmall Super C

Dave_Id
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This should be interesting. Mine would be Cockshut 60 (Oliver 60, but painted red) Massey Harris Challenger, Massey Harris 101 Super, Oliver 77, Farmall 300, and Massey Harris General Purpose 4 wheel drive.

Mark W.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IH 340 Utility
1950 Super A
Wanted: 686, 1466, and cub

redgems
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1 Farmall "H" Have
2 Farmall SMTA L.P. Have
3 Farmall 400 Have
4 1958 Farmall 560 Have
5 Farmall SM L.P. to come

mike1972chev
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

#1 Super M Stage 2 (have)

#2 450 Farmall gas with Fast Hitch

#3 Oliver Super 88 gas (with Oliver plow and all other implements)

#4 400 Farmall gas with Fast Hitch

#5 DC case with Eagle hitch (and ALL implements.)

erik dekeyser
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know these are not pre 1960 but i like these tractors. IH 686 IH 666 IH 656 IH 544 IH hydro 86

Nate V. IA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not sure these are all pre 1960 but here it is.

TD18
Super C with two point
Farmall 450G (have, but it has a saginaw hitch)
Farmall 450D widefront, two point
Farmall Honeybee 140

There is a bunch of others I want but these are the top 5. After 1960 the 1206 tops the list.
Nate

uncle henry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have four out of five that i wanted 1950 farmall white demo cub super a and c farmall super mta and wishing for a farmall super mta high clear but my pockets don't go that deep to get one

Evan From Iowa
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

McCormick Deering 22-36
F-20 with factory wide-front
W12
1956 350 Diesel
Early Super M

I'll keep dreamin' (unless anyone around SW IA has one of these for sale....)

Super-H-Mike
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 3 of them already:
Super H

Super M

Regular

Would love to add:
F 30

300 or 350

400 or 450

460 or 560

Lately I have been thinking about a B and a Cub also, just for fun !

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For 200 acres of good tillable.
SMTAD-
350U W/FH(have)
450gas W/FH
White 2-135
French Super C diesel with 3pt
Jim

agonair
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1. F12 - single front - Great Grandpa"s first tractor

2. WK40 - Great Uncle had one of these.

3. WD-9 - Just like them

4. F30 - just like them

5. 400 - good all around tractor

Dean Olson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have :
Super C with fast hitch and most of the mounted and fasthitch implements
200 with fast hitch.
SC & 200 are configured differently so I don't have to reset wheels or swap mounted implements
53 stage 1 Super H
54 stage 2 Super H
55 300 with fast hitch

Is this enough equipment to handle 14 acres?

My goal is to have enough tractors and equipment to dedicate each to a specific task. That way I can just fire one up to do what I need to do without having to change implements.

Paul Shuler
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Your Ideal Five Tractor Collection Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im with you on that French Super C D. Wouldnt that be a lot of fun. Would love to see one in person.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.