Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

case truck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
schrocky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: case truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recall years back Case on the construction side offered a 4x4 truck with lots of available attachments. Does anybody recall that or have info ? who made it? what was it? Thanks

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: case truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

schrocky wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:02:09 10/02/12) I recall years back Case on the construction side offered a 4x4 truck with lots of available attachments. Does anybody recall that or have info ? who made it? what was it? Thanks

We never sold them at our dealership but I am certain that you are talking about the "Unimog". It was a foreign built unit as I remember. I am sure that someone else can fill in the gaps and maybe even post some pics. You are taking us way back in time.

mEl

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: case truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you got it mEl!! we sold a couple of them one like this one above with a snow blower only it was powered by another power unit mounted on a skid that locked onto the rear bed and was Hyd powered, and a 12' Hyd angle snow blade to our airport, I also sold one that had a dirt blade and Case model 33 backhoe great units but as the caption say's VERY expensive, in 76 the one we sold to the airport was right at $80,000.00 with attachments they used it for over 20 years until parts got some what timely to get, seems like their was a hundred or so combinatios for attachments available cnt

Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Case/ Mercedes Unimog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's an ad I have on my wall. I also have a large poster of this machine given to me by the Case rep that drove this Unimog unit up to the Lake Placid Olympics in 1980. Mercedes built these and sold them world wide. Case was just the vendor here in the US. These have quite the history, and Mercedes still builds Unimogs today. But one will set you back about $250.000.00, more if you buy some attachments, and there is no end to what you can do with one. They have been used for literally everything since they were developed in 1946. They can be used as trucks, tractors, excavators, military vehicles, street sweepers, snow blowers, you name it. I can't think of anything more versatile than a Unimog.

Mercedes trucks

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Case/ Mercedes Unimog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Saw a lot of them while I was stationed in Germany. Used as construction, farm, military and other vehicles. Always wanted one but too spendy. They were available with a 4 banger diesel, 4 speed up to a turbo I6 with 16 gears. Front and rear PTO and 3 point, loader, backhoe ect.

Rick

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: case truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow that brings back memories, the offical snow remover of the 1980 Olympics. Funny I remember that as if were yesterday. I still have never seen a Unimog other that pics. Thanks for posting guys, Rod.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: case truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1370rod wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:11:31 10/02/12) Wow that brings back memories, the offical snow remover of the 1980 Olympics. Funny I remember that as if were yesterday. I still have never seen a Unimog other that pics. Thanks for posting guys, Rod.

Very nice guys, tnx for helping me out. mEl

schrocky

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: case truck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I was going nuts trying to remember it all ! LOL you Case boys are the best !

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.