Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There's nothing you can't see at Walmart...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

even old iron!

Daughter and I saw this tonight and had to snap a couple photos. Even though they are not the best, still thought it was neat and quite an unusual find in a Walmart parking lot.

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, shucks, iff'n I'd found something like that, I'd cruse around a few parking lots and show it off too! My memory ain't too good, what kind is it? And thanks for the post.

Walt Davies
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a Plymouth or Dodge at 37 to 39

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Walt, you may be right. There ain't many of those left either.

Red Mud
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats a 38 chevy truck, notice the bowtie under the strap thats holding the hood down.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Red Mud,
Yes, that is a Chevy bowtie. I should have taken a closeup of the emblem. Our son loves Chevy's.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ShadetreeRet,

You sound like my other half - LOL.

If we have a trailer loaded with old iron, he likes to show it off too. Also parks our tractors out on the lawn so they don't get a vitamin D deficiency (what with always being parked in a dark shed with no windows...he says). It is fun to watch passersby crane their neck to look at the old girls.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That truck looks similar to one in a local body shop getting restored, hope the one you saw will be restored too!

Gambles
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Found in a WM parking lot?
There's probably somebody living in it.

pete black
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

great old truck. there is a web site stovebolt.com dedicated to vintage chevrolet trucks. here is a photo of my truck, 1952, nearly all orginial including the paint. barn find from 17 years ago.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pete Black,
Really, really nice. Do you drive it much? Or just for parades and such?

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gambles,
LOL!

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gtractorfan,
Looks like they are doing a thorough restoration.

Yep, I hope the one on the trailer gets restored too.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That brings back memories, Pete- I had one identical to yours, even down to the paint color. Drove it to my job at neighboring farm after school and weekends. Farm work in the summer, cutting and wrapping beef in the winter.

Boss's son, the meatcutter, was newly married at that time. They just celebrated their 50th anniversary.

Duane WI

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: There's nothing you can't see at Walmart... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just love the looks of the pickups from the 30s and 40s. Working on a 1947 international KB1 right now. Got the mechanical and electrical work finished. The body work is about 1/3 complete. Hope to finish it up in time to take it to some tractor shows next summer. Definitely a labor of love. I am already looking for the next project. I just have to keep telling myself not to buy the next one until the first one is done otherwise I will end up with a shed full of projects and nothing finished.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.