Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost my best friend yesterday.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dej(Jed)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

13 1/2 years ago I took a lab sheperd mix out of a box at a flea market. Yesterday I lost her.
It really hurts to have lost her. Don"t know how to get over this one.

batractorman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure are sorry for your loss.
I have an 11yr old lab that is headed downhill now. Not ever easy to lose a friend.
B

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Find you a nice puppy and see how fast you feel better. Don't think of it as a replacement. Just a thought, but if it's not expected to do heavy work, a smaller lap size (schnauzer or some other terrier type) will fit the recliner, seat hump, and tractor fender nicely and make a willing and able squirrel hunting companion.....

Brokenwrench
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that. That hurts. I have a 13 yr old lab/ches cross that I can see really slowing down. I dread that day, too. Hope you get through it, and find another one when you are ready.

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

5 years ago, some folks with a 10 year old australian sheperd bought a puppy from us (another aussie) because the old dog was slowing down and they hopedher character would rub off on the new puppy before she died.... Puppy perked the old dog up and she's still in pretty decent shape for her age just a little grey in the face and getting pudgy...........

LeoinMI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Always tough to loose a pet. They are more family than just a dog. Try to remember all the good times you shared and the companionship he gave you. You will meet again,..since all dogs go to Heaven.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had to put our 10year old Chow put to sleep that had stomach cancer in 2010, so when we got the news we bought another Chow pup. She is now 2 years old and we had the 10 year old cremated. Hal

pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we also had a black lab/ches mix, female; absolutely the best dog we ever had. she lived to be 14 yrs.

henry0
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Four years ago we lost out 13 YO Golden Retriever. I also lost my BC-Aussie mix (rescued him in 2001 and he really wanted a family, but thats another story)when I divorced my wife and he was 10 then and she refuses to tell me about him or if he survived the move from his mountains in NC to a condo in southern FL. He was a daddy's dog.

henry0
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got so wrapped up in my sadness that I forgot to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Best advice, get another sweetie ASAP

JF in CT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why loosing a companion dog can be worse than loosing a human freind is that they are non-judgmental. They don't care if you are rich or poor, man or woman, black, white or green, fat or thin, handsome or ugly, young or old, smart or stupid they are happy to see you. You give them a little food and shelter and they give you everything. Then when you least expect it they will sneak up and steal your heart.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dej(jed),
Sorry for your loss...only time heals.

Hope you will find it in your heart to take in another pup in time.

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our dog was 17 years old when we had him put down. We decided then not to get another dog as kids were gone and we were planning to retire in a couple of years. Been retired for 15 years and still miss him.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been through it twice. Both times I couldn't hardly see through the tears when I hauled it out to the field to bury it. But I got over it. The last time it happened I swore off getting another dog just to shelter me from going through the emotions of having to bury it, but this chocolate lab landed in my lap five years ago so someday I'll have to do it all over again. Jim

NEBeef
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Lost my best friend yesterday. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very sorry for your loss, that's real tough. I had a lab/shepherd mix, he was a great dog. The toughest, gentlest dog you could imagine, with a heart so big I thought it might bust out of his chest sometimes.

But I feel sorrier for those who never had a dog who was a friend like yours.

There are lots of good dogs out there needing a home. Don't do it for you, do it for them. But it'll turn out good for you too...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.