Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good link for engine parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCWayne
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Good link for engine parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just found this while looking for info on a machine I'm working on. I've heard of them for years, I guess since they have an office in Charlotte, but have never had the need to take anything to them since I already had a really good engine machine shop. With the near demise of that shop in the last couple of years I just might have to look these folks up myself at some point. Til then if you need anything crankshaft related, be it having one built up, something obsolete, etc, it looks like they can take care of you.
Standard Crankshaft Co.

Richard G.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Good link for engine parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought a built up and reground crank for a Model T there about nine years ago. Good people to deal with.
Richard in NW SC

george md
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Good link for engine parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wayne,

For many years I got cranks redone by
american crankshaft in charlotte ,they did all
large cranks and alloy cranks no car cranks.
It is a shame they folded as they did reheat
treating as well as welding. The reheat treating
is one thing standard doesn't do.
I bought on of standard crank welders several
years ago to use for build up on shafts but not
crankshafts. It is a submerged arc machine ,also
have a large sub arc machine to build rollers
and wheels for crawlers.

george

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Good link for engine parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been sending my cranks there for quiet some time. Great turn around time and price is very competitive. I just hate the dang UPS charges both ways.

CAROGATOR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Good link for engine parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They have been the supplier for NAPA for many years. At least they were all the years I worked for and with NAPA.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.